SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Brainstorming a disguise for the neighbor's ugly vent

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Many probably already know the issue with the illegal cooking vent that our neighbors recently installed, which pumps strong odors directly into our little garden and patio area. Today I'm enjoying the plants and the fountain and a pair of sweet finches, and every time I look up and see that ugly white vent I just get pissed. I know, that's my own problem. Thanks to social distancing, the issue of the vent remains unresolved and I don't know how it's going to work out. It would not surprise me one bit if they disabled the vent but simply left the ugly white thing in place. But even beyond that, I think I'm ready to explore possibilities for "disguising" the side of their house with something to soften our view. Keeping in mind that we cannot attach any kind of structure or plant to their house, can anyone suggest perhaps a trellis or other means to accomplish this? We will need to allow enough space for the lawn crew to get around the planting bed with a mower to cut the grass around back. It may not remain an issue, but the vent is about 8 feet up from ground level.

Comments (79)