A lecture from Ray Bradbury

skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

Here is a fun and rather uplifting way to spend an hour. Here is a lecture given by Ray Bradbury. You may have seen it; it's from2001.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=author+interviews&&view=detail&mid=FF1D5B1AB15D2136A435FF1D5B1AB15D2136A435&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dauthor%2Binterviews%26qpvt%3Dauthor%2Binterviews%26FORM%3DVDRE

I had all but given up on him as I couldn't take to his books. Disappointing since he's so highly regarded, particularly by Siobhan. All that's changed now. This made me feel enthusiastic more that I have in a long time - not just about writing but about reading and my life in general. Give yourself a treat - the hour whizzes by.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenoz

I’ve loved Ray Bradbury’s writing for 50 years. I look forward to seeing his lecture. Thank you!

Save     Thanked by skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
lemonhead101

Thanks, Skibby! I love most of his work but don’t know much about him. This may be good to listen to on my walk today!

Rosefolly

I read a lot of Ray Bradbury in my early teen years, especially the short stories. I went off him after reading The Martian Chronicles. One of the stories in the collection had previously been published with a different ending, but he had re-written it to fit the story arc better. In my judgmental teenaged mind, I thought he cheated, and never quite forgave him. I might be more forgiving these days. After all, I no longer remember which story of the collection it was.

No, probably not. I'm still a bit judgmental.

Rosefolly

P.S. It was the final story "The Million Year Picnic". Originally published in 1946, it made its way into an 1948 anthology called Invasion from Mars: Interplanetary Stories, which I found in a used book sale. Altered in 1950 to fit better into The Martian Chronicles.

I guess I can forgive him. Fifty years is a long time to hold a grudge. It may be that he tinkered with this story a couple times, because I have just now just read two different versions and I keep thinking of other different details. Of course it could be scrambled memory.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design 9 Fresh Design Ideas From Wildlife-Friendly Gardens
Set up your garden to provide food, water and shelter for birds, bees, butterflies and more without compromising style
Full Story
Home Tech Future Home: How We’ll Be Living in 10 Years
Fast-forward a decade and see how intuitive technology and a more nomadic lifestyle will be driving the way we live
Full Story
Events 5 Top Design Events: Nov. 11-Dec 2, 2011
Mark your creative calendars! See what's on the Houzz list of things to see and do
Full Story