SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nonlinearedits

Need help creating front door walkway.

Burke
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

So the way the front of my house is laid out the previous owners threw stones in the yard to create a walkway that I hate. I also hate the rock garden. I'm going to be pulling up those rocks keeping the majority of the shape to plant a garden with stone block edging, however I'm going to angle it to create much more space to connect a walkway with the front door. I was considering making a concrete walkway with a paver mold that followed the curvature of the garden there with edging stone on either side. My major problem here is I don't feel like tackling steps. There's a much smaller grade slope to the left of that light post, where the previous owner put those pavers, theres a steep slope to the right of the light post where they're broken and sliding down the hill. Very poorly thought out. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on either forgoing stairs and having a zig zag walkway past the light post to the left or if there's an easier way that I can DIY steps to the right of it. Despite being a contractor for years when I was younger, I never had to pour steps, only side walks so the task seems a bit daunting to me. Please disregard the grass, it was seeded recently and I'm waiting for the bald spots to grow before I cut it so it's way overgrown right now lol.

Comments (9)