SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcufrog

Re organizing your home during COVID-19.

tcufrog
4 years ago

I was wondering if anyone else has made any changes to organization and/or habits to make your home safer/easier to manage during this time.

Here's what we did:

1. I removed the hand towels from the powder room and placed a tote bag on a hook in there that's full of washcloths. There's a grocery bag in there also for dirty washcloths. It's our hand washing station now and the first stop when we have to leave the house and come home. I moved my kids' toothbrushes to a different bathroom. Before we leave the house we leave the door open so we don't have to turn the knob to open it when we come home.

2. I'm concerned about running out of paper towels so I placed a basket full of cleaning rags in the kitchen. I have a trash bag lined laundry hamper nearby to toss the dirty towels into. When I have enough washcloths and cleaning rags I throw them into the washing machine with bleach on the sanitary cycle.

3. I set up a quarantine station for mail and packages on my front porch.

4. In the garage, I moved some of the shelving to set up an emergency pantry.

5. I used a folding table and folding chairs I had in storage to set up a craft/homework station for the kids in the great room area.

6. My husband needs a place to work uninterrupted so we set up a place for him on our covered patio and my younger son made a sign that we can use to know when he is and isn't at work.

What are y'all doing? What is and isn't working?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County