SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michele_chinichian

Mixing Lutron Decora Satin Wall Plate Covers with a Glossy Switch/Box?

Michele
4 years ago

Hello! Please help me!!!

We have the glossy white cheapy decora/rocker wall plates (with screws) and boxes/light switches throughout our home. We want to upgrade to Lutron's white satin screwless wall plate covers.

1. Does anyone have any experience using Lutron white satin wall plates and not upgrading the inside light switch/box as well? Is it going to look awful if the inside light switch//box is a different sheen than our new satin wall plate?

Also, will the 2 shades of white look ok next to each other?

We are way over budget so would like to keep costs down as much as possible however not at the expense of this looking bad. We are getting our house sealed for scorpions right after install (very expensive and detailed procedure) so it would not be wise for us to change our mind down the road.

Unfortunately I need to get back to my contractor soon and because of the COVID-19 outbreak we are not able to go to the home in person, so I can not compare the new wall plates with our existing light switches/boxes and see for myself.

2. If they do not look good mix-matched together, another option is to go with the Lutron glossy screwless wall plate covers. However, there is nothing glossy in my home. I have matte walls and satin woodwork and wainscot throughout my home. While this would save us a lot of money, I'm worried the shininess will always bother me, seem random, or maybe I am overthinking this?

3. Option 3 is sucking it up and shelling out the money by getting all new wall plate covers and light switches/boxes in satin. Not sure we can afford this though.

4. Sticking with the cheapy wall plates with screws and calling it a day!

Thanks Houzz!

Comments (2)