SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Looking for some input for plant/flower/privacy tree selections..

njbuilding143
4 years ago

Looking to spruce up some of the landscaping around house as it really needs it.. Starting with a small area along the side of the garage.. Space is about 25inches deep by 22 feet long.. Wife is looking for something in the pink/purple/white color combination with a pink a "must".. Also looking for something low maintenance and ideally looking to plant perennials as to not have to replant every season.. This side of garage faces west but is open to north/south with no overhang.. I was thinking of possibly doing some dwarf english boxwood's with Blackbeard Penstemon or pink Sea Thrift.. But i have no flower/plant experience whatsoever, so figured I would see what others thought..

Also looking to add some privacy trees to the perimeter of the yard.. There is a bump out in the fence that is 2'10" deep which I figured I could start a planting bed and run it from that point.. So ideally looking for something that would fit in that area.. It could overhang whatever border trim we use.. Originally was thinking of going with Emerald Green Arborvitae.. Also thought Skyrocket Juniper or Sky Pencil Holly.. Would ideally like to see these get to the 12-15 foot height..

Here you can see the bump-out along the fence.. I would start the privacy trees here and run down side and back fence behind pool...

Thanks for any input.

Comments (2)