SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2manydiversions

At this time, what foods do you/don't you 'trust'?

2ManyDiversions
4 years ago

I realize this is a personal question, so I'm sure responses might be all over the place, but I was wondering what others thought?

DH and I are avoiding all take-out foods. Given that I've read most likely you won't get Covid-19 from prepared foods... which is always followed by "it can live on plastic and paper for X amount of time", I simply don't trust it. I know many others do not feel this way as our local fast food places are doing lots of business.

I also decided to avoid all produce which cannot be peeled, and won't be cooked. Might seem silly, but the idea that hidden somewhere inside a lettuce leaf is a microbe of Covid-19, I'm not taking the chance, although I will miss salads! Onions, carrots, anything else I can peel, I have decided to use (although I might change my mind on that). Cooked produce seems like it'd be safe and I've read heat kills it pretty easily, but not on the CDC website, and no one mentions a temperature. Still, I'm thinking it should be safe.

Our cashiers at the local grocery open the egg cartons and check them, often touching them. I actually spritzed alcohol on the egg shells when I got home! Go ahead, laugh!

I noted the deli was closed, and no food which was once prepared there is sold. They also closed the salad bar, even though it had a sneeze hood (I'm being facetious).

Is there anything you are avoiding, or do you consider all foods, prepared at home, or prepared at fast food places, or prepared at restaurants to be safe?

Comments (48)