SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

What’s in your pantry? (And can it become dinner.)

localeater
4 years ago

This quarantine has become an opportunity cleaning out the pantry and freezer of those odd bits and pieces that accumulate because I buy for a recipe but then dont get to it, or something. Some of this is good and some not so good.

Last night was good- I made roasted watermelon radishes with herbed tahini. The radishes were old, a CSA selection that had been in the crisper a few weeks and were no longer crisp. Roasting was best treatment for them. The tahini was treated with the herbs on hand and the recipe was given a rousing thumbs up. (This is web image, mine was not so pretty) The residual herbed tahini will be dip and salad dressing this week.

Two nights ago was less good. I attempted to turn corn meal into polenta. DH raved over it but the sons and I enjoyed it less. I think the remaining cornmeal will become Anadama bread.

I currently have a pound of dried chick peas soaking and 1/2 will become tonight’s dinner and the remainder will become either hummus or falafel for lunches.

What have you found lurking in your kitchen that you have turned into a meal? How did it turn out?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022