SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelena_summers

Pink Aglaonema turning pale

Shelena Summers
4 years ago

I have a pink Chinese Evergreen that has turned pale and is losing lower leaves. I know some of that is normal, but it is happening more frequently lately.

I don’t have much light in the room it’s in, but I know that isn’t as much of a problem with this plant variety. I do have some grow lights that come on every day for about eight hours, but I don’t know if it’s enough. Could it be too much maybe? New growth is reaching and is more green than pink so seems more likely that it needs more, right? I do fertilize but not much during the winter months. I believe I may have been overwatering at one point, so maybe that’s all it is, but I also have concerns about micro nutrient deficiencies and I don’t know where to start with that. There’s a TON of info out there though and my eye isn’t trained well enough to know what I’m looking for. Here are some photos:

This is the only sad leaf I have currently, cut the rest off before I thought to post this and they were much more yellow, but what’s strange is they’re not losing turgor so they aren’t drooping. They are significantly less glossy, though. Both photos below are the same leaf.

As you can see it seems otherwise quite healthy. Not sure what I should do but I’m hoping someone can help me figure out how to help this plant look its best! Any suggestions are appreciated!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio