SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

It's (almost) Done & It's Everything I Imagined!

monicakm_gw
4 years ago

A while back I mentioned that my LR was getting a glam makeover. Tough crowd. No one commented on my choices. Oh well, I stinkin' LOVE it! :) New w/d isn't back in yet and the glam light fixture won't be here till Friday. But the art https://www.icanvas.com/canvas-print/pit-bull-flower-power-bridie-dice-and-chita-sgm78#1PC3-36x12 is hung and the soft sand colored (SW China Doll) paint is on the wall. The most beautiful part of it all is the Rustoleum Iridescent Clear Glitter painted walls! Love love love! All it took was one coat. It's not solid glitter. You can definitely see the wall color. OMW. I might have to sleep in there tonight LOL

I wish I could figure out how to get a picture of the walls but it just won't photograph right.

My LR is only 5x6. DH cut, primed, painted and hung crown and wide base that's in the rest of the house. Plus a new hot water heater....taller to give me a little more room in there. He redid all the plumbing and electrical on the hot water heater to make it look much nicer than the plumber did 38 years ago! Installed a Lutron dimmer switch because...well, lighting is EVERYthing :) And who doesn't want to do laundry in "mood" lighting? ;)

This little LR has been forgotten with each remodel. It was the only room that was still original to the house when we built it in 1981. Now I proudly keep the door open! So, with that, I'm off to take my first bath (here) since last Friday. No hot water heater. Old one was set to 145 degrees and so is this one but DH said this one is MUCH hotter.

Comments (2)