SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

I did it! It's finally done after 2 or 3 years.

sheilajoyce_gw
17 years ago

I finally finished crocheting my banquet cloth this week. I put off cutting the thread until DH and I could put all the leaves in the dining room table and I could be sure it is long enough. It is long enough to allow for some shrinkage so that I can throw it in the dryer too. It is too long for blocking. Since I have thrown crochet thread table topper cloths into the washer and dryer with great luck, I think this one will do well too.

It is an oval cloth in filet crochet with lots of repeats down the middle of hearts, and it has hearts and stylized flowers along the edges. I would have picked a different pattern actually, but this was the only one I found that had a center section that could be repeated so that I could make the full length banquet cloth for a table that seats 12. I discovered that oval cloths usually do not have a section that can be reapeated--every row is different to allow for the oval shape.

With DDs engagement a few years ago, I started the cloth knowing that holiday meals would have more people now that the kids are marrying age. Since I started it, the wedding has occurred and our grandson was born on Christmas Day. When we were all together at Thanksgiving with DDs last trip before the birth, DS brought down his girlfriend, so I knew we would be needing the cloth this coming 2007 holiday season--if I ever finished it!

If DD brings her camera with her in April, I will ask her to take a picture and post it. I am glad I finally made something for myself. I used size 10 white crochet cotton.

Now I am wondering if I might want to buy some plain, inexpensive white napkins and trim them in filet crochet too. That is something I can decide later, but it will have to be a pattern I make up to coordinate with the cloth as there's no napkin pattern to match the cloth.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions