SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_250784160

Color balance issues..

C A
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi!

I was reading more about colors in painting.

My bathroom has these off white tiles, they look very white-ish, but then when you look closer it does not look super super white. So when they painted my walls this very light gray, it came out looking more blueish.

I was reading this can also be the case with golden-ish colors that are in the room. I will be installing pine wood floors and I do'nt know yet what color the staining will be. But I'm currently choosing paint colors for walls and looking at this color here called Reflection (jotun paint). It's a white-gray, very light gray. It's got a bit of a warm undertone and this could be brought out too much in a pinkish way if anything kind of golden colored is paired with it. Or if I choose a more neutral gray like I did in the bathroom (and I might do in bedrooms too), it could once again look blue which I want to avoid. I want the grayish colors to look gray not pink or blue-ish etc.

So what color staining would work on the floors then?

I also read that pine floors already have a yellowish tint to them--is this gonna read yellowish anyway no matter what staining color I do?

Attached is the paint color I am looking at using.

Comments (7)