SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_677079672

Seeking advice on a garage door color for a maroon Gambrel-style house

Sue
4 years ago

I am really bad with colors and worry that choosing an almond colored garage door to match the almond/cream colored trim on my house will make the garage door stand out like a sore thumb. The old wood door is painted the same color as the house and I really like that; but we have to replace it with a steel door because it's badly broken. The colors available from Overhead Door are:

• 📷Almond
  • 📷Black
  • 📷Brown
  • 📷Desert Tan
  • 📷Golden Oak
  • 📷Gray
  • 📷Hunter Green
  • 📷Mission Oak
  • 📷Sandstone
  • 📷Terra Bronze
  • 📷Walnut
  • 📷White

but none of these is close to a maroon color. The salesman suggested the Almond color because it matches my trim almost exactly, but I am concerned that a large door that color will be glaring. But the desert tan and gray don't make sense either because they clash with the trim and house colors. (The front door is dark blue.) Should I try to find a way to have the garage door painted the same color as the house even before it's installed? Should I go with the Walnut color, just to satisfy my desire to have the door be less conspicuous, or would that look odd too? I have tried all of these with the Overhead Door "mock-up" application, but it barely works and it's impossible for me to tell. Suggestions from those with a better eye and more experience would be profoundly appreciated!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!