SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_wilder98

Reddish orange spots on Red Sister Ti Plant, what is it?

Ashley Wilder
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I got a red sister Ti plant from Aldis, it was already wrapped around the bottom, but the top looked healthy. When I got it home and unwrapped it, I noticed some different types of leaf spot disease on the lower leaves. Some were brown with a yellow halo, these expanded quickly and the whole leaf would be polka dotted, turn yellowish brown, and die. I began treating with neem oil, but it didn’t seem to cut it. The plant also had tiny reddish orange spots on some of the lower leaves. I pruned off all the leaves with the bigger brown spots and any leaves with a lot of red spots. Basically the whole bottom half of the plant has no leaves now. I also heavily sprayed with fungonil fungicide. The next week there were a few more spots appearing, I pruned that off, and now the plant seems to be stable. But some leaves still have a few teeny tiny red spots. Like a pin prick.

(one red spot on a leaf, I had to prune off part of that leaf before, and the residue on there is because I just gave it another fungicide spray just in case)

I’m not sure if these red spots are a disease or maybe just some sunburn or a sign of overwatering? Pretty sure it was overwatered before I got it because the pot stayed soaked forever once I brought it home. Are these red spots a fungal disease like the brown spots with yellow halos were, or just leaf damage?

I know fiddle leaf figs can have little reddish spots when overwatered, thought it might be something like that?

Thanks in advance for any help! After working so hard to get rid of the first fungal disease on this plant, I don’t want to overlook another one issue and loose the plant to something else!

Heres the whole plant if that helps:

Comment