SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paddykk

Backsplash all the up the windowless sink wall?

paddykk
4 years ago

Hi,

We have a modern kitchen in our new build (so no pictures). The kitchen is 10' tall and we have a long wall of cabinets behind a large 5'x13' island with lots of floor to ceiling windows on the other two walls.

This sink is part of this wall of cabinets and has no window over it. On either side of the sink are 36"+15" uppers and over the sink is the 15" short upper connecting the two banks of the 36"+15" uppers on either side of the sink. . Now the backsplash that we plan to have under the uppers - do we continue all the way up to the short 15" upper cabinet near the sink or not?

Option1: continue all the way up the sink

Option2: continue at 18" the entire wall - which leaves a 36" drywall above an 18" backsplash behind the sink and you just hang art.

Option3: No back splash behing the sink - just stop at the uppers

I don't like Option 3 - which I feel abruptly stops the backsplash between the two banks of uppers.

For me backsplash was an after thought but the cabinet guys wants to know NOW since so he knows if he needs to accommodate for a backsplash when he is building the side panels for the upper cabinets.

Can you guys vote between option 1 and Option2? Pictures might help and are always appreciated. I searched on Houzz "backsplash for windowless kitchen sink" and can't decide really.

We will be doing a painted white(ish) kitchen with a wood island for contrast or have a white island too.

Thanks

Comments (6)