SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate_elder20

Paint / Stencil Idea - Need suggestions

Kate E
4 years ago

We moved into our new build almost a year ago and I want to add more color. Our walls are all light gray, which we did on purpose to be a good back drop- and then we can add color later. (As opposed to having to pick all color schemes during the build which overwhelmed me!)

Enter our laundry room, which is right off the mudroom. Below are some pics of color schemes I love- One is of a shower curtain that I just LOVE the pattern on. It’s titled Dahlia Flower Burst. Wonder if I could find a stencil like that and layer the colors that way. I’ve browsed online a bit but haven’t looked super hard - I’m sure it’s out there.

Would you apply that stencil to just the back wall (where clothes often hang on front of it), or would you side wall as well? It’s a narrow space so I don’t think doing all the walls in a pattern would be ideal. I’m leaning towards just that back wall because then it’s a fun pop of color but not overwhelming. We like subtle, calm colors. Our home is generally light but warm tones.

Included several pics of the laundry room, as well as the shower curtain pattern I love, plus a couple of color schemes I love.

Thoughts? Would you do something entirely different? Thanks!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations