SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saina_behnejad

My kitchen is very modern and a bit cold - how can I warm it up?

Saina Behnejad
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone. People always give such great advice here. I had my kitchen refitted and I love it. But does it seem a bit cold? I'm not sure how I can warm it up a bit. (The cabinets are not blue they're silver, I've left the plastic on until everything is finished to prevent damage). The splashback is black with some dark brown running through it. I got some very dark wood and metal industrial style stools for the counter. They'll arrive this weekend. Link here: https://www.barkerandstonehouse.co.uk/dining-room/Barstools/Otis-Barstool/2-6682-96482/ As you can tell I love dark furniture which probably isn't ideal for a smallish apartment haha. I did lighten it up with the grey tiles and the white ceiling. But still a little concerned, I was thinking I could put some plants or a clear vase with some colourful flowers on the wood counter. Is there much else I can do? Most of my appliances are black or stainless steel but I could also maybe display my olive wood cutting boards somewhere? I have spotlights - I didn't want to add hanging lights. Also the additional storage area is actually a bar haha. I don't even drink much but I'm hoping I'll be having friends round a lot. In front of it is where the dining table will go which I've put a picture of below. The legs will be black. Sorry about the lighting in the photos!

Comments (43)