SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Valentine's Day Dinner

amylou321
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I wanted to make heart shaped ravioli. I have a heart shaped ravioli stamp (doesn't everybody?) but I do not have a pasta roller. For some reason, I felt like I would be able to easily buy fresh pasta sheets to make them from. Nope. I have been to 5 stores. The closest thing was fresh lasagne sheets, which were thicker and tougher than would work for ravioli. Guess I will order a pasta roller attachment for my mixer and stash that idea for next year. I'll make my own darn pasta.
Now the only thing I can think of is either heart shaped pizzas,which I made last year, OR I will make another loaf of heart shaped bread and make some LOVE-ly (see what i did there?) patty melts. I have made those before,but not specifically for valentine's day. And heart shaped fried potatoes to go with it. I will adapt it for myself and my low carb thing, but for the most part, I am cooking for him.
And a butterscotch blondie for dessert. I cant decide whether to bake it in a heart shape or in a regular pan (if I can find one around here) and just use any one of my numerous heart cutters to cut out heart shapes. Best thing about a blondie being a blondie and not a brownie, I will not be tempted by it.
Any more suggestions on stuff I can make into a heart shape? He (and admittedly, me too) is kinda picky but I need inspiration. Are you doing anything special? I know that lots of people don't celebrate valentine's day but it's one of my favorites. And NOT just because of all the pink and heart shaped treasures I score everywhere this time of year.....

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x