SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Special Gift for a Milestone Birthday

Funkyart
4 years ago

My youngest sister is turning 50 in a few weeks and I am so very stumped on a gift. It's been a rough year for our family but most especially for her family. We'd originally talked about a trip with all 3 sisters but for a lot of reasons, that's not likely in the coming months.. unless it's a short weekend trip.. and even that will be a challenge to coordinate.

I always lean to jewelry -- but she is very difficult to choose for (as am I). Her birthstone is aquamarine and she also loves diamonds.. but her style has shifted to somewhat bohemian in the last few years. I am just stumped on jewelry. I had for many years had in my mind that I wanted to get her a piece of champagne-themed jewelry from this designer, her daughter/my niece is not sold on it as a design she'd like. (She does adore champagne!)

I've thought about a very nice bottle of champagne.. but she has fallen into a favorite that is not all that expensive (and so pretty to wrap as a gift)… so not sure she'd appreciate a very expensive champagne.

So I am stumped. She does have a new house.. she does deserve and need to pamper herself more. She's been stretched very thin tending to everyone else's (very real) needs for the past two years... well, really forever but the last 2 yr have been especially taxing.

Budget is about $500.. unless it is a trip.

Any ideas? (I fully recognize it is ridiculous that I am asking strangers (to her at least) for ideas.. I am just really going blank on this one and it's upsetting me because it should be so very special!)

Comments (54)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm