SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lidia_nonn

guest room: drapes, blinds (what kind?) or both?

Lidia
4 years ago

These guest room windows face East, there’s total privacy as we are in a wooded lot and our driveway is hundreds of feet away from a rarely travelled road. I envision guests retiring to the room after a long day of hiking, swimming and ATV-ing followed by dinner, dessert by a fire or stargazing. A TV will be mounted above the fireplace, I have a looped video that will play, highlighting the history and nature of the area. The bedroom will be carpeted (grey). Walls are a light grey, the furniture is a dark mahogany color. Lighting is ORB with creamy alabaster shades. Pillow shams and foot of the bed blanket are Pendleton Harding, remainder of the bedding is hotel white. For a twist, I’m adding tree stumps as nightstands and the cutest serigraph over the bed for all by dog-loving guests. Going for a refined rustic vibe, incorporating vintage Native American (Cherokee) pine needle basketry, beaded clothing and hunting/gathering items. I’d like the room to feel cozy, not cluttered, casual yet elegant. I’m thinking I just want wood blinds. There’s built in storage seating going in under each window. But now that the trim is finally stained, I thought adding just fabric panels might be nice next to the fieldstone fireplace (which still has moss on it BTW ; ). I’m guessing some folks won’t like the grey/cream combo but I love it, it’s sort of my signature pairing through the house. Thanks for your thought!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner