SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashburngirl

I chose pink drapes for a guest bedroom, grr!! - Need color advic

burnGirl
14 years ago

Don't ask me why I chose baby pink drapes. This happened before I had kids, when I wasn't too aware of the baby pinks and blues and now I keep saying to myself "Who in the world chooses baby pink drapes for a guest bedroom". But the fabric texture and color stood out and I liked it instantly. Well in any case, that's what I have to live with. But I'm having real hard time finding a color for this north facing guest bed room with pink drapes which I dont want to make it look dungy or a baby room or a girl room. The drapes match up to SW RoseBud

Looked at some lavender/voilets, they work great but the room translates to total girly room

Looked at some blues that go well with that pink but the room translates to a baby room.

Looked at purplish greys, they make the room dungy as its north facing.

I feel like I'm stuck here.... don't want to use dark colors which might make the room too dark as there is barely any sunlight. It currently has the regular builders paint, some sort of beige and looks too boring. I'm leaning towards SW Cosmos, but just not too confident about it, worried if it would make the room dark. May be I should just go with Pure White to match up the curtain rod.

If you all have any ideas please.. please... let me know. Thank you

{{!gwi}}

Comments (66)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!