A young singer puts heart into her music

jemdandy

A young singer puts "The Heart" into a favorite song and makes the difference between an ordinary to magnificent listen.

SaveComment7Like4
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arcy_gw

The depth of talent in our world is great. It always gives me pause when I see the "famous" who make it on their gifts and the millions doing community theater that are just as good or better.

Save     Thanked by jemdandy
nickel_kg

Wow, so young and so talented. Thanks for posting her video :-)

blfenton

But don't forget that many of those "famous" struggled for years to become such. We are seldom privy to those stories.

Such talent jemdandy, thanks for posting.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I agree it sounds very impressive. But the sound in that clip appears to be pre-recorded and it's very heavily processed. The singer is lip-syncing. No telling what a dry (live, unprocessed) version would sound like.

Save    
matthias_lang

Nice, but I have a "but": It has so much echo on it that it obliterates some of the enunciation.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Echo in a vocal recording is the sound equivalent of what restaurant kitchens try to do with butter, salt and sugar - to use enough to positively influence perceptions but not too much to have an adverse effect. It's easy and cheap. With the right amount, many people perceive the end result and think it's better than it is. Because of what has been added.

There's software called Auto-Tune that's widely used in commercial recordings to correct off pitch singing, even if slightly so. I don't know whether it's present or not in the processing of this track but the echo treatment is usually present when it is.

Lindsey_CA

Anyone know what lipstick she's wearing? It's a really pretty color...

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Milan Architect Puts Her Stamp on Her Space
A 19th-century balcony apartment in the city’s lively Navgli neighborhood gets freshened up
Full Story
Life Her Home Is Her Therapist
When she remembers to change her perspective and have a little fun, her home helps her through winter’s low points
Full Story
Living Rooms A Rock Star and Her Fiance Get a Surprise Makeover
Echosmith singer Sydney Sierota returns from a tour to find that her parents had secretly arranged to redo her apartment
Full Story
Golden Glass offers the finest in custom frameless shower enclosures and provides an unparalleled level of... Read More
oe Morgado has over 30 years of well-rounded construction and masonry experience. He brings authentic artisan... Read More