SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Would like ideas on paint color and placement of cabinets/appliances

Kathsgrdn
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Some posters on the kitchen table told me I should post here about my upcoming kitchen remodel. It won't happen until sometime next year (2021). Will post some current pictures. I don't want to spend over $25,000 for everything. I don't care about expensive appliances and am never going to buy a $5000 or more oven or fridge. I am probably going to buy all new appliances. I like white and black, although, not sure the black will look good in a white cabinet kitchen. I don't like stainless steel, except for the dark grey/light black one I saw at Lowes a few weeks ago. It was a Samsung and probably more than I want to spend or will fit in my small kitchen. I found a pretty white, sparkly, Corian counter at Home Depot that I thought I took a picture of but now can't find it on my phone.

A friend suggested I put the sink in the corner instead of below the window, not sure I like that idea. It would free up a lot of space. Some at the KT mentioned taking out the french doors and putting a single door, thereby adding more counter space. That might be an idea. I want all drawers on the bottom cabinets except for the one housing the trash and recyclables. I also want a separate cook top and wall oven or an conventional oven with a microwave over it. I'm also going to look into other types of stoves. I've only ever used a gas oven and conventional electric. I really don't want gas and hate cleaning the burners on my current electric stove.

I also want cabinets up to the ceiling, so no dusty tops to dust as I get older. A single sink would be fine. I don't want granite countertops. I'm also looking for pictures of green walls with white cabinets. All the ones I've seen on this site are gray-green or lime green or very pale green...not what I want, more an avacado green, or maybe sage green? I can't find current pictures to fit what I'm looking for. I also do not want plain, modern type cabinets. I like traditional raised panel ones that everyone hates these days. I don't like my current cabinets because they are so plain and are wearing. Not sure anyone can help me with the design or placement of appliances but thought I'd try.

I also forgot to mention, I really do not like subway tile, especially white subway tile.

Comments (11)