SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Reveal - small bathroom refresh

mxk3 z5b_MI
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm pleased with how this came out. Rustic is what I was going for, and while a new vanity would have been my preference and gotten me closer to that aesthetic, it just wasn't in the budget; my goal is a total remodel down the line, but for now the bathroom is much improved and now better aligns with the feel of the house.

I didn't get any actual "before" pics -- DH put down the new flooring before I got around to it, but these in-progress pics will give you an idea of the butt-ugliness I'd been living with since we moved in.

See that light blue wall paint? Imagine that a shade or two darker, and that is what the previous floor looked like -- 4" blue ceramic tile with teal mosaic insets. DH put down Smartcore LVT from Lowe's in Burbank Oak over the tile.

Gotta love that vanity {eyeroll}! Yes, it really was painted like that... Previous countertop was some shade of beige with a scalloped (!) sink and a two-tone chrome and gold faucet set. Oy.

This was DH's first attempt at a door back when we moved in. He realized he screwed up and made it too short but never got around to fixing it. His door-building skills have come a long way since then, he's made some really nice doors to replace some bifolds and other doors we had.

Comments (7)