SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_748667255

Deciding between 2 Coretec LVP floors.

Jen B.
4 years ago

Hi! We are planning to install LVP throughout our new home. I'm looking for a natural oak but want something warm and not too busy. I want to see some knots and a little variation to give a more realistic look. I thought Calypso Oak by Coretec was the one but I prefer longer planks and more knots. I discovered Coretec Ravenwood. It's 9 inches wide and 72 inches long. When I got the sample I thought it was the one but I worry it's too light or too red (the undertone is a reddish pink). There are no install pictures online so I'm nervous. It looks very white and washed out in some lighting. Also, not sure if the two boards I received are similar or if all the boards have the same grain pattern. It would bother me if the boards all looked the same with the big "swirl" (can't think of what it's called) down the middle.
I randomly came across Coretec Colorwall. No one has really heard of it and only and few stores carry it. It's the same material (thickness, etc. as Calypso Oak). I loved the color Sweet and the style Timeless Luxury. I thought this was definitely the one but in some lighting it looks super yellow. Again, no install pictures and I'm worried when it's all laid out that it will be the wrong shade. I plan to paint the walls white and have navy accent furniture/pillows. I also plan to paint the kitchen island BM Hale Navy.
I would really appreciate any advice on which color will give the look I'm going for. I'll post a bunch of pics of the floor samples in different lighting. #1 is Sweet and #2 is Ravenwood. Thank you so much to anyone that takes the time to read this and give advice!

Comments (104)