SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddybeagle

Comparing LVP samples: Coretec Plus and Mannington Adura

maddybeagle
3 years ago

Short version: Is there a significant difference in waterproofness in real-life applications between Coretec Plus and Mannington Adura?

I've been ordering samples of LVP to narrow things down so I don't have to spend too much time in showrooms during COVID. The flooring will go in my basement, over concrete, a space that's humid and occasionally damp but not generally wet, though in the very heaviest of rains there can be some trickles. It will not be a high-traffic area, but the flooring needs to stand up to a damp environment and to the vagaries of elderly dogs. So far, I've received Coretec Plus and Mannington Adura Rigid samples. The Coretec has just the color and texture I want, a close match to the wood floors in the rest of my house. I don't love the Mannington's deep grooves, which seem like they'd hold dust and grit.

But I am really impressed with the heaviness of the Mannington and it looks like its component layers really would be as waterproof as claimed. I'm sort of worried by the cork backing on the Coretec and the slightly crumbly texture of the layers in between. (Pictures of both included here.) The Coretec looks like in a damp environment it would hold odors and wouldn't really be impervious to spills.

Am I right to have those concerns? Does anybody know if Mannington's whole line has that grooved surface? Thanks! (More samples coming soon of Lifeproof, Karndean Korlok, and Coreluxe.)

Coretec edge:

Adura edge:

Comments (5)