SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_429004552

Bought my first house. Will you help me furnish it? Ideas and photos.

Brandi
4 years ago

Hello. I purchased my first place in April and I'm still without furniture. I'm so indecisive and need help. I read on here that it's best to get an overall design idea before buying random pieces. Sorry I don't have a floor plan but the living room is 13x12 (patio door side) and dining is 7.5x7.5. The living room has vaulted ceilings. The place will be used for 2 people max. No kids or pets. I'm a 31 year old female.

I like all colors so want something versatile so I can switch between jewel tones, bright colors, or soft muted colors like blush. I want to stay more cool grey than warm and tan. I'm thinking Seattle grey by Frazee/Sherwin Williams. The photo below is all of the same color just different rooms/lighting.

I like the Interior Define Sloan with a left facing chaise (shown white in the whole room collage) but in a light grey color. The photos show their vintage plush fabric in nickel and feels like a soft fuzzy buzz cut haircut.

I like to travel so I think I'd like to display pictures on ledges above the sofa. Offset in a stair pattern.

I also think I want a white round dining table. Probably only 2 chairs. A white sideboard under the tv (probaly wall mounted).

The furniture pictured has not been purchased and is more for an idea of the pieces I'm considering like white sideboard under the wall mounted tv. I'm open to other ideas and items.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Side note: The crown molding and chair rail has been removed. I plan to replace the kitchen cabinets with white ones at some point. The teal chair is for a color example only as it's uncomfortable and has a nailhead trim. I'm still 50/50 on if I want a chair.

Comments (6)