SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chi83

Sad Christmas for my family

Chi
4 years ago

It's been a rough year for my extended family. My sweet great-aunt was diagnosed with ALS this year and has really been struggling. She's on a breathing machine and has a feeding tube to eat without choking. Her husband has also had a very difficult year, being in and out of hospitals with sepsis infections and heart issues. He's currently very sick in ICU and she just let us know that he's not expected to survive.

My heart breaks for my great-aunt and I fear that losing him will break her to the point where she will follow soon, as she's not doing well either. I don't even know what to do other than pray for them. Their only son is blind, and lives with them. I don't know how he will manage either. They are only in their 70's.

I hope he can hang on until after Christmas at least. I don't want that memory for their family. Please keep them in your thoughts! My only comfort is she has unshakable faith, and I know that will get her through. But it just seems like too much for such wonderful people to go through!

Comments (25)