SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

December 2019, Week 4

Here we are at the start of the last full week of 2019.

The good news is that day length begins to grow longer each day, beginning today, until it peaks six months from now. I think this is the sort of news that always makes gardeners happy.

Somewhat warmer weather awaits us for the rest of this week, with rainfall to follow immediately after Christmas. The drought-plagued southwestern quadrant of Oklahoma really should benefit from this rain as they have been without significant rainfall for far too long and the QPF shows significant rainfall of up to 2" falling in some areas. Other parts of the state are pretty dry too, so hopefully the rain will be widespread and many areas will benefit.

The linked Drought Monitor map shows the areas of the state currently in drought or in pre-drought (the yellow Abnormally Dry area is considered pre-drought).

Oklahoma Drought Monitor Map

Since this is a holiday week, I'll skip the chore list since most of us will be too busy with holiday preparations and celebrations to actually engage in garden work.

I did notice today that Wal-mart sf beginning to push and shove the still-unsold Christmas merchandise into an ever-smaller area of the indoor garden center, as they always do as Christmas approaches. Hopefully this means that they will be putting out fresh gardening supplies soon after the holiday.

Have a great week everyone, enjoy your holidays with family and friends, and don't forget to check in here when you can to let everybody know how you're doing.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Dawn

Comments (37)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida