OT......Creepy Victorian Christmas Cards
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
NEW: Fotess Sept. Swap: Very Victorian
Comments (119)Promise, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the most amazing and thoughtful 'sorry box' you sent my way in replacement of the 'broken teapot'. Thank you so very much for everything you sent. I am just overwhelmed with your generosity and kindness. I absolutely just love everything you sent....everything is perfect and arrived in perfect condition. Thank you so much! ((hugs!)) This really means a lot Promise, thank you. Included in this wonderful box of gifts..... * A very beautiful and sweet card * A super cute snowman tin filled with all kinds of goodies... * bath and body works hand sanitizer vanilla bean and holder * blistek medicated lip ointment * chapstick classic cherry * Jergens healing hands handcream * A variety of seeds including.... tomato white cherry, anise hyssop, old fashioned poppies, lumina white pumpkin, squash winter hubbard blue, winter squash queesland blue...so excited to try all of these as they were all on my 'wish' list =) * 2 beautiful Christmas hand towels * Vanilla Chai Black Tea - this looks soooo good.... * kleenex to go packs * beautiful silver angel ornaments (they will look beautiful on my pink and silver tree here soon) * a package of Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles...oh yum! * a very creative sheet of name labels with snowflakes! Perfect, just in time for the holidays! I am just in awe that you went out of your way to do this for me, it is very much appreciated, and I thank you so very much. Your garden friend, Jayeanne...See More2008 Winter/Christmas Table Pictures!
Comments (34)yachter - what a beautiful table!! I'm not a blue person but I really like how you put that centerpiece together, those blue trees are great. Love how the snowflakes show up throughout. Mo - your candycane table is beautiful. I'll have to remember that candycane easel idea - how cute is that? I love how you mix and matched the napkins, I've never tried that. dreamgoddess - Oh that table is wonderful, so victorian. Those chagers are just wonderful. Your whole space flows so well. All of your decorations are put togehter beautifully. I'll be adding one of my december tables but I am starting a Part 2 to this thread to keep it easy to access for the dial up folks I hope everyone is ok with that - if not please don't hesitate to report me to Santa for being naughty...LOL Here is a link that might be useful: The Gypsy's Corner...See MoreVintage Greeting Cards
Comments (16)I went to an estate sale recently and out in a dusty, forgotten corner of the garage found a large JC Penney box FILLED with very carefully kept greeting cards dating from the 1930's to the 1980's. Every card that this couple had exchanged--and they had celebrated every holiday you can think of with very nice, expensive cards--had been lovingly saved. I absolutely could not bear the thought of just tossing the record of a 50 year love affair into the garbage, so I bought them. I had no idea what I would every do with them. I find myself going through them once in a while, reading their little notes to each other and later, the long, chatty notes from their son and daughter after they had married and moved away. The cards mark the time span from their engagement right through their marriage, into the later years and failing health and hospital stays. I finally took several of the more stunning cards and decoupaged them onto glass blocks and lit the inside of the block with clear mini lights. They look great decorated with ribbon and other vintage trim, and now these great cards can be enjoyed for a long time to come. :) This might be an idea for some of the cards you want to display all the time or use as holiday decorations....See MoreClose-up Christmas; Cards
Comments (51)One year I made my own cards on blank paper. I got a very fancy filagree wreath stamp...don't quite remember but I think you stamped on some type of adhesive. Then you covered it in a powder and then heated it which caused the powder to melt and become dimensional. Then I hand colored each one with water color pens. I got another stamp for the inside that said Merry Christmas or some such holiday wish. It was a lot of work, but it was fun. Not sure I have any left......See More- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

CHRISTMAS TREESShow Us Your Twinkling Christmas Tree!
We want to see your tree in all its festive glory. Post a picture and tell us about it
Full Story
HOUZZ TV FAVORITESHouzz TV: Beyond the Ghost Stories of the Winchester Mystery House
Supernatural tales swirl around this perplexing Victorian mansion, but early home tech is the real marvel. See it for yourself
Full Story
VICTORIAN DESIGNHouzz Tour: San Francisco’s Haas-Lilienthal House
Get a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse of this storied Victorian mansion from its decade-long caretaker
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESYou Won't Believe What These Homeowners Found in Their Walls
From the banal to the downright bizarre, these uncovered artifacts may get you wondering what may be hidden in your own home
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Popular Home Design Trends — Timely or Timeless?
Weigh in on whether these of-the-moment decorating elements will have staying power or become a memory of these times
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Farm Fresh
Updates bring back the bygone charm of a 19th-century Texas farmhouse, while making it work for a family of 6
Full Story
LIFE10 Steps for Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
Are keepsakes cluttering your space and your life? Consider this approach for letting go and moving on
Full Story

REMODELING GUIDESOne Guy Found a $175,000 Comic in His Wall. What Has Your Home Hidden?
Have you found a treasure, large or small, when remodeling your house? We want to see it!
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESFrom Queasy Colors to Killer Tables: Your Worst Decorating Mistakes
Houzzers spill the beans about buying blunders, painting problems and DIY disasters
Full Story
vee_new