Help K cup coffee maker needed
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
K-Cup Hydroponics Part II (pictures)
Comments (1)I predict the lettuce under the cool whites will grow better. for vegtative growth, the cool whites put off a better light spectrum than the warm whites. Also, you'd be better off with one light over each bin. as it sits right now, the plants along the outer fringe of your rafts aren't going to get much light. and lower them as close as possible to the plants. fluorescents lose light strength quickly as you get away from the bulb. I like your hole punch and you're doing a good thing recycling. I've never heard of k-cups. around here we still use coffee filters and a scoop....See MoreK-cup coffee makers anyone?
Comments (23)I'm on my second Tassimo and I think it's starting to act a little 'tired'. Seems like they last about 2 years on average around here and I don't use it every day. Tassimo used to be the only one that had real milk discs which is why I purchased that brand. I don't know if that is still true. The milk comes in a variety for cappacino, latte, low-fat, etc. It's nice not having to separately froth your milk for a latte, the machine does it for you. The discs are not as easily to find as the k-cups. Target stocks some, but the biggest variety and supply as Bed Bath & Beyond (over-priced though) or on line. I think the espresso for the cappacinos and lattes is very good. Kids love the hot chocolate and the chai latte. Its also great for heating water for tea (tea discs are available too). When this one dies (which seems to be soon)I will have to re-evaulate the k-cup though....See MoreTassimo one cup coffee maker, thoughts??
Comments (14)Well, the coffee maker is just OK, no better or worse than the other ones. I ordered some of the pods for the sake of experimentation. Not so good, but I think it was the quality of the coffee beans, not that it was a pod or pod brewer. You can hide a lot of sins under that pod! Same always goes with tea bags, which is a way to disguise inferior cuts of tea leaves and the end bits from finer grade loose leaf teas. Not all bag tea is like this, but it can be. I've only tried one type of the coffee pods so far, I bought a combo box of four different types. We'll see how it goes. I'll drink them but probably not buy again. Happily, with the machine I got, I can do an individual brew with loose grounds or a pot. Works for me at the office when I sometimes need a pot and sometimes need a cup. However, it brews so dang slow, I should have just gotten a hot water heater and used my Chemex for a big pot for the class. But then I'd have to get a thermal carafe. I like that with the coffee maker I can put the pot on while I'm setting up for class and don't have to fuss with it any more after that. Not the absolute best coffee, but passably good....See MoreK-Cup Coffee systems
Comments (37)My 4 cup maker is easy to make 1 cup. I can make "1 cup" in my 12 cup maker either. I find it hilarious that people think that a larger maker must be full. They must also think you can't drive a 6 seat car unless it's full of people! People are gullible to no end. Keurig is nothing unique. It's the biggest sell job/fad since the pet rock. It's also easy to make any amount in a percolator and you'll get better coffee from a good percolator than any Keurig IMO. Only a fraction of people who have Keurigs have even heard of cleaning them. Every time I see those things with the used, wet, mildewed soon to be moldy used pods sitting in them I gag and wonder how people like drinking that. Disgusting. Everyone I know who has them finds them to last at best a little over a year. For that kind of money I laugh at them and ask how much they paid for their pet rock and other gimmicks. One friend argues "OH it makes SUCH GOOD coffee!!!!!" Yeah, then 6 months later it's not so good. And they always ask for coffee when they're here because my coffee "is so good!" Plus I see many people who have gotten tired of the fad and realize that most people want more than a single cup, especially if they entertain so they buy a real coffeemaker to go with it. The novelty of standing in line for each person to make their own "single cup" has worn off in a lot of places. If people really want to pay $100 or more for something that does nothing more than a $10-$30 appliance, and then pay anywhere from 40¢ to $1.00+ for each of the pods, no problem, they can go ahead and throw their money away for a status symbol. Just don't try to tell me it does things that it doesn't and don't try to tell me it's better or easier or can't be done with the other things. I don't need a microwave toaster or a Keurig. I do much better without....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEDecluttering — How to Get the Help You Need
Don't worry if you can't shed stuff and organize alone; help is at your disposal
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: This Maker‘s Home Makes Everything OK
Maker Aleksandra Zee finds inspiration in a common building material and the serenity of home. Watch our latest episode of Houzz TV
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN15 Coffee Stations Bubbling Over With Clever Ideas
Built-in coffee makers, coffee pod storage and appliance garages are among the features of these great coffee stations
Full Story
LIFEHow Do You Make Your Tea and Coffee in the Morning?
A morning cup is a must for many, and preparation comes in many guises. We look at coffee and tea habits across the Houzz community
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWake Up Your Kitchen With a Deluxe Coffee Center
Get all the ingredients for the perfect morning jump-start with a station dedicated to your cup of joe
Full Story
MATERIALSAre You a Maker? Show Us Your Favorite Tool or Material
Houzz Call: A tool or material can be a maker’s best friend. We’d like to see your favorite — and what it helps you achieve
Full Story
WORKING WITH AN ARCHITECTWho Needs 3D Design? 5 Reasons You Do
Whether you're remodeling or building new, 3D renderings can help you save money and get exactly what you want on your home project
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECT10 Tips to Help You Put Off Procrastinating
Blank page staring at you? Look it in the eye, then vanquish it in 10 only slightly meandering steps
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSimple Pleasures: Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
Slugging down any old sludge while pulling on socks is no way to start the day. Learn to brew amazing java and savor the experience here
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Most Helpful Furniture Piece You May Ever Own
Use it as a table, a seat, a display space, a footrest ... and indoors or out. Meet the ever-versatile Chinese garden stool
Full Story
georgysmom2