SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_661803702

Help Needed with Color Scheme

ItIsWell
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I’m building a new home. I chose what I thought was a light warm gray master bathroom floor tile by Daltile called Articulo Column Gray (I now see definite beige/taupe undertones in natural light) and a compatible darker gray tile, Daltile Avery Gray, for the shower, with a marble pebble accent strip. The cabinets are a medium-dark brown with gray undertone. I have a freestanding tub going in. I’m struggling to come up with possible paint colors for the master bath, sitting room, and bedroom (& its tray ceiling). And then want to think about possible accent colors. Originally, I really wanted pale, soft, cooler grays with blue or green undertones and a serene, modern spa feel. Now, because of the bathroom tile’s taupe side, I feel like my options are limited. Does anyone have suggestions? Is there a way to work with the taupe in the bathroom and still bring in cool colors into the adjoining sitting room and bedroom and tie everything together so it makes sense? Should the bath wall tile be closer in color to the shower tile, floor tile, or does it matter? Thanks so much.

Comment (1)