SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newbey

Can you help identify these weird black spots on citrus leaves?

newbey
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi, I got a citrus tree and it seems to be very healthy, however I noticed these little tiny black hard spots under a few leaves. The spots are hard, black, and you can remove them very easily (some can be scratched with the nail or wipe them off). I am just confused as to what they might be. I searched everywhere and cant find an answer.

The tree is potted and indoors so not many pests around. There's also some tears on the leaves since I've been moving it around so its expected, but there's also some small holes which I didn't cause. I am wondering if its connected. There's no webs, or caterpillars around. I had aphids in an aerogarden before so I know what they look like and how they start and nope aphids is not the cause. Also there's some black spots on the leaves themselves, but I am wondering if its because those leaves are in the bottom and they dont get enough light from the grow lights.

Can you guys help? I started spraying the tree with neem oil and castle soap once a week so this is the 2nd week.

Thanks!

Comments (3)