SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

His Party Was a HUGE Success!!!

LynnNM
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Today I took Funkyart's advice and stayed in my pajamas all day (so far), resting, relaxing and reliving all of yesterday. I am exhausted, but it's a good exhausted. And, I'm taking Eld's advice to start a new thread.

DH's retirement celebration party for his patients was fantastic! I was blown away by how many people were there. So, so many! The hotel and whoever, had the ballroom set up beautifully with tables for four and for eight in the middle. There were many flowers, several tables of foods, and an open bar for wines, soft drinks, etc. There were also waiters constantly walking around with trays of appetizers, which I thought was a nice touch. DH would stop to chat with a patient and the next thing you know there was a line of 10-15 others waiting to speak with him! And then, it started happening to me, as well! That really surprised me! I did try to stop at every table to chat and thank them for coming. Everyone there was so nice, and had such lovely, thoughtful things to tell me about my sweet husband. He is truly loved by his patients, who he refers to as his friends, as well.

His speech was heartfelt and wonderful, and had the entire room standing to cheer and clap when he finished. And then he called me up to the podium to speak. I usually have no problem speaking in front of a crowd, but . . . my mind went totally blank as I walked up there! I only spoke for perhaps 3 minutes, and until this afternoon, I honestly could not recall a thing I said, and now only bits and pieces! But, afterwards, many people told me that it was beautiful and brought them to tears. I love this husband of mine, and so it was heartfelt.

Our event coordinator and her staff had a table set up near the entrance with lovely folded notecards, envelopes and pens for everyone who wished to write DH a note. There was a large silver letter box there for them to slip it into. Towards the end of the evening it was filled up. The staff carried it, and the many gifts he received out to our truck for us. That was incredibly thoughtful of them, because by then we both were still saying our goodbyes to the last there and were pretty exhausted. Once home, we just put everything on the dining room table, and relaxed a bit before heading to bed.

I do have to thank you all one more time for all of your MUCH NEEDED advice and help in destressing me and keeping me calm these past weeks. . . . and I'm not exaggerating about how much it was needed. Or how much it helped! Thank you!!!

Lynn

Comments (31)