SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baseballmom94_gw

How to Throw a Successful Holiday Party?

baseballmom94
16 years ago

Help! I've invited 17 people to my house for a holiday adult party -- I was feeling pretty smug by having my house decorated before December and decided to have a party -- now I'm freaking out a little because I don't have a lot of parties so not a lot of experience here. We'll be serving appetizers and dessert with wine, beer, and soda. I also asked everyone to please bring an appetizer or dessert to share. Everyone coming knows each other and are very friendly people. I just want to make sure that I have all my ducks in a row so I'm not stressing at the last minute.

1. So far, I've bought bacon-wrapped scallops and brie/fig in pastry appetizers at Sam's Club. I'm also planning to do a large shrimp cocktail platter (is 3 pounds enough?) and one other dip. I'm planning to have 2 dessert items. Does this sound good if I do 4 appetizers, 2 desserts plus whatever everyone else brings?
  2. What are some easy centerpiece ideas for my kitchen table and dining room table?
  3. If I serve all the food on the dining room table, do I pull the chairs away from the table and put them around the house or what?
  4. Should I serve all the drinks on the kitchen counter? This is easiest but I always feel like everyone just ends up standing around the kitchen island all night.
  5. What are some other ideas for a successful, fun party? I'm making it very low-key -- not doing a white elephant exchange because I want everyone to relax and not have to worry about one more thing at this busy time of year.

6) How do I get people to use the paper guest towels in the bathroom and where to I place them if I don't have room on my pedestal sink?

Thanks so much for any input from you creative ladies!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored