SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karigraphy_gw

Communion party success

Karigraphy
16 years ago

Hello again - We had my girls' first communion party yesterday and it turned out to be a great day.

On Friday, one of my DDs was diagnosed with strep throat but she got on medication right away and was still able to do her communion. All the boys and girls looked so excited and grown up in their white dresses and suits.

The food! I ended up making Joey's Killer Lasagna with a few modifications after the trial run. (It was fun to eat the experiments.) Thanks natesgramma and everyone else who gave lasagna recipes and tips.

First when everyone came over for photos beforehand, we had:

-- Jarlsberg cheese dip and crackers

-- Spinach artichoke dip and crackers

-- Vegetable tray and light ranch dip

-- Rosemary crispy flat breads

Later for dinner we had:

-- Salad with goat cheese, toasted pecans, and citrus vinaigrette

-- Joey's Killer Lasagna

-- NYC-style sandwich ring (corned beef, turkey, swiss on a marbled rye ring)

-- Potato and green bean pesto salad (from Rick Rogers new Summer Gatherings book)

-- Broccoli

-- Coleslaw

For dessert:

-- A beautiful half sheet cake from a local bakery - white cake with French buttercream icing. It was heavenly!

-- Strawberries

-- Chocolate assortment

-- Decaf coffee

The only thing that I should have thought about was some people who were driving home were looking for caffiene and I didn't have anything to offer them. Otherwise, I was happy with how it turned out.

We have leftover sandwich ring to eat probably for the next few days - it was so huge. Plus, there's lots of cake even after sending it home with some of the guests.

Today, it is time to relax and eat the leftovers!

Kari

Comments (5)