SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_647860647

would an accent paint color be overkill for this entryway?

V Smith
4 years ago

We’re going to be repainting our entryway soon (after wallpaper removal of course). A contractor is coming tomorrow to start painting the living room which is next to the entryway and he’ll be painting one wall of the entryway also after drywalling over the pass throughs, so I need to choose a paint color. Here are pics of the entryway, hallway, and living room.

The living room walls will be ivory due to the blue carpet in that room. The hallway leading away from the entryway will also be ivory after wallpaper removal, due to travertine tile. I would really like to have some color on the walls somewhere, and not just have the color come from flooring colors that I can’t change. Could I get away with doing an accent color for the entryway? The closet will hopefully be completely redone soon, with the center strip removed and a built-in bench with a stained top added along with beadboard behind the bench and new coat hooks and shelf. I could paint the entryway a color and leave the closet ivory, or paint the back wall of the closet an accent color and leave the entryway ivory. I’d like to use soft navy for an accent color but it might be too dark of a color with the dark floor and door. Door color is staying. Rug/mat will be replaced with something brighter. Aqua would be my second color choice for an accent wall color. If it matters, navy is currently an accent color in the living room and teal will be an accent color in the dining room which is straight down the hallway from the entryway.

Comments (13)