SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tchi77

This Fisher & Paykel or Bosch refrigerator?

T
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We're starting our kitchen renovation soon and I am exasperated trying to pick a fridge. Our requirements are counter-depth, stainless steel, French door, with gray sides (one will be fully exposed), no external dispenser, not too crazy $$$. About 20 cu ft, don't really want to go much lower. No extra gimmicks.

The final front runners feel a bit risky since there just aren't many reviews, but all the ones that have a lot of good reviews have as many or more really bad reviews. We've narrowed it down to:

-Fisher & Paykel RF201ADX5_N, which is 20.1 cu ft. There's NO ice maker and no water dispenser.

or

-Bosch 800 series 36" B36CT80SNS, which is 21 cu ft. Ice maker and internal water dispenser.

We're replacing a similar-dimension side-by-side from 1995 that is ugly but has never needed the ice maker and water dispenser repaired in the 7.5 years we've owned our home, which I know is pretty much unheard of these days. It's enough of a reason to be completely fine with a fridge that does NOT have an ice maker and dispenser. I had no idea they'd be so hard to come by. We don't need the dispenser since we have a faucet filter anyway, and frankly happy to make ice with ice cube trays if it means we don't have to stomach 5 repairs in as many or less years.

The Bosch is really new so there just aren't many reviews, but we loved the way it felt in person. It seemed sturdier and better built than many of the other fridges we looked at in person. I liked how both of the doors opened and closed independently. The only thing I didn't love is I felt the crispers felt a little small since the sides weren't completely straight but kind of concave. But it just felt overall beefier and better designed inside than anything else we looked at in a somewhat similar price range (it was the top of the price range we've looked at). Really well lit inside, too. I also like that I could get the more pro-style handles, I admit. The pricier of the two.

That being said, I'm kind of leaning to the Fisher & Paykel, though it has few reviews too. We liked it in person, better than a lot of the other ones we first started looking at (KitchenAid, etc) which all have lots of good reviews and as many terrible reviews. But not as much as the Bosch. But it's kind of comforting knowing it wouldn't have a dispenser and ice maker to potentially have issues with. I did think it was stupid that you had to pull both crisper drawers out at the same time, but I figure I'd get over that.

I must admit going from a fridge that's never had ice/water repair and reading so many reviews on so many fridges with endless repairs, especially on water-related features, makes me want to just about have a cooler instead. ;) But as I said, it wouldn't be a burden to not have an ice maker for us and we don't have any need to use a water dispenser, anyway.

Anyone have either of these models and have any input? Would it be nuts to get the Bosch and just... not hook up the water line (if you can even do that)? Ugh. Wish this was easier!

Comments (50)

• kirbybunny7
    4 years ago

I am looking to get that exact Bosch fridge and would also love to hear thoughts and experiences.

• User
    4 years ago

I have the FP sitting in my kitchen now , It's a beautiful sturdy refrigerator. It isn't plugged in as we are still under construction. I ordered this serial number by mistake !! I did want the ice maker just didn't want anything in the door although the 12 yr old KA side by side we replaced worked flawlessly. I hate ice cube trays. I am trying to get the Ferguson's store to swap out for the FD model that has ice. They want it back in its original box which isn't possible as it was removed while in the delivery truck as the fridge boxes won't go in a regular household door. So we are in negotiation at present .

If you are near you can buy this one from me ....just kidding ...sort of :). Maybe I will have to embrace the ice cube tray ...sigh.

Oh the FP has a $300 rebate and 5 yr warranty offer NOW. It just started back up and so my purchase that I made months ago didn't have that offer. So you might look into that.

Also don't forget even though this is a shallow fridge it does require 27 3/4 " if you want the side covered. My cab guy messed up and we had to pull the cab forward 1 " luckily it wasn't a problem.

Good Luck ! c

• Related Discussions

Oven choices-- Fisher Paykel, Monogram or Bosch?

Q

Comments (13)
    If you read the first posting by the person who reported recent problems with her Monogram ovens (her first posting trashed Eurostoves for various appliance difficulties), not everyone ended up on her side about it. She definitely has had appliance issues with multiple mfgs, no question about that, but she comes off as a very impatient, demanding, customer. Admittedly she spent many thousands of $$$ on her kitchen appliances, so it's understandable she was upset. I'd be more concerned that she needed service on both Monogram ovens, not about the response of Monogram per se. F&P is a great company, but don't kid yourself that they get repairs done any faster than anyone else - they're just more pleasant about it. It took me over six weeks and 4 visits to get a single part replaced on my F&P dryer. Service is the weak point in almost all companies. F&P and Monogram, along with a few others, at least pay some attention to this issue. Other companies, such as LG, all the Siemens companies, Viking, are infamous for being unhelpful even to dealers. It's a big reason why one needs to be careful about who to buy from, not just what brand and how much. You want to look at the overall number of responses on a brand, and weigh good vs bad experiences on a percentage basis. Any company is going to make some lemons, that's a given with mfg. It's how the dealer and mfg treat you afterwards that can make you either a satisfied or dissatisfied customer. The odds are higher you'll be satisfied with certain companies, but like Lincoln said, you can't please all the people all the time. If there was a company that could - we'd ALL be buying from them, LOL!
    ...See More

How does Fisher Paykel Refrigerator match other appliances?

Q

Comments (13)
    the bosch s/s is very close and looks good next to f&p s/s and bosch double ovens are very nice two they are both euro convection ovens i have 5 of them in hte obsolete 700 series too and the hole has to be like 28 inches wide openening in the cabinet not over 30 ...so if you want doubles they are very nice priced too or if you decide to ge with single great price as well ...both should fit in generic opening they all vary a bit in size but all cover about the same size holes...not all will fit though but most should .... below is a link to installation instructions for bosch and on page 7 it tells you what size hole it needs to be hope i was of some help TYSEN Here is a link that might be useful: link to bosch single and double range installation instructions
    ...See More

Gas Cooktop - Fisher & Paykel or Bosch?

Q

Comments (4)
    My wife and I like the power of the center work burner most of all. I also like the simplicity of it and how easy it is to break down all the parts and clean the unit. We have only had the cooktop installed for a couple of months and have not used the grill/griddle plate that comes with the unit nor have we used the simmer burner on it's lowest setting. I know a lot of people discuss low simmer settings on this forum but it is not important to us so I really can't comment on that.
    ...See More

Fisher & Paykel 36" freestanding refrigerator experiences?

Q

Comments (6)
    We purchased the Fisher Paykel French door counter depth with water dispenser last year. We have always gotten side by sides with water/ice dispensers, but decided to go with a French door. We decided on FP based on the recommendation of the owner of the appliance store. It was pretty evident that the French door refrigerators with ice dispensers had significant issues. He has had good luck with the FP; it was a bonus having the water dispenser on the door. We bought it sight-unseen, as it was for a shore property, and we weren't there at the time. I was leery of going with FP, as we had huge headaches with Dishdrawers that we had in the past, but I was reassured that he hadn't seen any issues with the refrigerators. So far, no issues. Complaints: 1) the ice maker is pretty skimpy, not cranking out cubes even when set on Ice Boost. 2) the slide-out bins in the fridge are split in half, but are in a single drawer, so both the fridge doors have to be open to pull the drawers out.
    ...See More
  • scottie mom
    4 years ago

I have the 30” wide FP and I love it. No ice or water. I haven’t seen the Bosch in person, but I’m very happy with the FP and have selected them for a few clients without any complaint. Good luck!

• beckyinrichmond
    4 years ago

Do you need other appliances? Bosch has a rebate when you buy three or more Bosch appliance. It ends today. I bought the same model Bosch earlier this week along with a range and dishwasher (they will be delivered later). In making a decision between the two refrigerators, you might consider who in your area can repair them and how easy/difficult it will be to get parts.

• Mom
    4 years ago

I have the FP; the Bosch wasn’t available yet when I made my purchase or I would have strongly considered it. I don’t miss the ice maker at all and never had a water dispenser. I also have heard those are the first to break down; on my older (now garage) fridge the ice maker was indeed the first thing to go but that was after about 28 years. I think the newer refrigerators simply do not last as long, for whatever reason - so the ice maker and water dispenser problems appear sooner than in the old models. At any rate other than the crisp drawer set up you mentioned I have been very pleased with the FP so far. Good luck!

• T
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for the help folks! We went yet again to look at fridges this weekend just to be sure. The place we plan to buy supposedly services both brands although I was caught up enough in the appliances themselves I forgot to confirm with them. I live in Chicago so a major area, so hopefully either way we'll be okay. Both brands list at least a few service repair places here too.

It was so good to just go back and forth a dozen times between the final two comparing things, but even doing that it was tough. In the course of about an hour at the store we were able to convince ourselves first of the Bosch and then the FP. Ha ha! I was thinking about those of you mentioning having and liking the FP. And we decided that we'll go with that!

We knew about the 3 Bosch appliances deal but couldn't do that for what we're interested in getting. The fact that the FP is a little less pricey and also has that $300 instant savings until the end of the year helps a lot too, since there's always more to buy with a kitchen.

At the end of the day I still prefer the look of the Bosch mostly on the inside. Loved the freezer setup better (that third narrow shelf for pizza and other thin boxes is genius). But at the end of the day we decided we didn't like it *better enough* to warrant the bigger price tag and the worry about the water/ice maker. And the FP is pretty nice inside too. I do hope I can pop off the lids from the 2 top door shelves because I'm short and holding those open to get things inside at that height may be a bit of a tall order (no pun intended). Looked like I could. I like the handles on the FP though now none of our appliances will have anywhere close to matching handles but that is the least of my concerns. ;) And as my spouse pointed out they'll look similar in shape to our new cabinet hardware at least.

For anyone who stumbles on this thread later... one of the things I didn't love about the FP was the wide gap at the end of the shelves to the back wall of the fridge. At least unlike some brands they have a lip so your things can't fall off (some don't), but the gap is significant. But I measured the depth of the shelves compared to the Bosch (which go all the way to the back) and then was satisfied knowing they were essentially the same. (I say essentially because I forgot a measuring tape and was measuring with the length of my umbrella, ha ha.)

We also decided that if later down the line in the future we feel like we didn't make the right call, we can move the FP to the basement easily because there's no water line, upgrading our current club fridge. It's unlikely to need to happen or us want to actually ever do, but it does feel kind of nice having a contingency plan for down the road, too. Ironically everyone asks us if we'll move our current fridge to the basement... it's pre-Energy Star, it's that old, so no. ;)

Anyway thanks again, I kept your comments in my head while making the final call this weekend!

• cs929
    4 years ago

It sounds like you may have already made your choice? But I just wanted to chime in to say I have a version of the F&P you're looking at -- mine is smaller, with the water dispenser and the icemaker (RF170ADUSX4 N) I'm very happy with it. I've been meaning to write a review of it here, since when I was purchasing there were very few reviews online and some of them were negative.

But I took a leap of faith because I had some specific wants in terms of features and size, and that's the only fridge that offered them all without compromising. I haven't thought twice about my fridge since I had it installed, and that's a good thing. It's quiet, it fits where I wanted it to, it keeps my food cold and my frozen stuff frozen. :) So I hope you'll be just as happy with yours.

• scottie mom
    4 years ago

Congrats! I hope you will be very happy with the FP! I think that gap in the back is what keeps air moving around inside. No doubt someone can correct me, but I recall reading that somewhere. The fridge I had before this one did not have that, and it was often collecting pools of water that would end up frozen at the bottom. The interior is quite genius, and easy to disassemble for cleaning IMO. Enjoy!!

• boostin1004
    3 years ago

stumbled on this topic today and really helped me out. Thanks again for everyone's comments

• cs929
    3 years ago

Glad to have helped. I again haven't had to think twice about my F&P fridge since I posted 7 months ago -- it's just doing what a fridge does without me paying attention to it, which is all I wanted.

• chinacatpeekin
    3 years ago

Just want to chime in that I have a FP single door refrigerator w/o ice and water dispenser, purchased over 9 years ago, and I love it.
    I hoe I won’t jinx myself by saying that it’s never needed a service call:)
    Anyone out there have the FP induction range? I’m seriously considering it.

• cs929
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I'd love you to start another thread just for that. It looks great but I don't know if anyone in my area services F&P, which would worry me -- induction ranges just seem a little touchy.

• chinacatpeekin
    3 years ago

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it. I actually did start another thread re the FP induction range. I do think service in my area (SF Bay area) is good- but I’ll definitely double check!

• kirbybunny7
    3 years ago

I went with the Bosch 800 fridge - love it so far! Glad I went with one without water and ice in the door. Looks so much cleaner.

• Shelley
    3 years ago

kirbybunny7 how long have you had the bosch?

• lhipscher
    3 years ago

Kirbybunny7 how is your Bosch? Thank you.

• kirbybunny7
    3 years ago

It's still shiny and new - was installed in May. It holds more than I would have thought and I love it. Cute pyramid shaped ice cubes and no trouble with the internal water dispenser. Also like the interior look - lots of metal and nice finishes. I crossed off a fair number of fridges due to cheap white plastic interiors.

• lhipscher
    3 years ago

What other brands of appliances did you purchase?

• kirbybunny7
    3 years ago

Bosch Benchmark dishwasher and a LG 4617 induction range (my first induction after only using electric). Happy with my choices so far!

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

Really leaning toward FP appliances. Did anyone check the noise difference between the FP and the Bosch frig? I've heard FP is quieter than most. @T, how are you liking your FP frig? And for @T and anyone else on this thread with an FP French door style frig, how hard is it to be sure the French doors are closed? I'm torn between a French door which I love the look of and a bottom freezer style because I hear in general French doors are often left slightly open by mistake.

• cs929
    3 years ago

I didn't compare my F&P to other refrigerators in terms of noise (that would have been challenging to do, since store models are often not plugged in and I wouldn't be able to hear any noise in a warehouse atmosphere anyway.) But it's quiet. I don't know much more to say beyond that! :-) There's just nothing notable about mine in terms of sound. Every so often I hear a little sound of water running as it refills the ice maker, but I couldn't even classify that as "noise."

I have a French door fridge with the freezer as a bottom drawer. The bottom drawer is the part most likely to be left slightly ajar, because I have a young kid who jams stuff in and then doesn't stick around to make sure the drawer is closed all the way. I think that would be an issue with any bottom drawer freezer; it's is very easy for it to get messy. I keep saying I'm going to get some bins or something to set it up better, but then I forget. It's not a huge priority, so clearly it's not that big a problem for me. But it is a consideration for bottom freezer models, because it's easy to just keep dumping things in there without paying attention to maximize the space.

• T
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi @JJ Mekai I've liked the FP fridge, and I think we've had it since shortly after this thread. We got the one without ice maker. It's hard to compare the noise since our previous fridge was 20 years old. I would say it's a bit noisy? Certainly nothing objectionable, and I can't hear it from say, an adjacent room. Though occasionally, out of the clear blue, it'll let off what sounds like a large pop. And that *is* loud. I can't for the life of me figure out what it would be, but it's only that and a trash can cabinet next to it, unless someday we wheel it out and fine it's broken all the tiles below it, lol. But can't imagine it's that either. So that's a somewhat odd mystery but has never affected performance and we've never bothered to investigate.

It's my first French door fridge, and I wouldn't say it's hard to keep the doors closed at all. You do need to push them shut slightly harder than maybe other fridges (again, using a 20 year old fridge with loose doors as comparison though...), but it gives you a beep if you forget to get it all the way shut. Between two people I think that's maybe happened 2-3 times the entire year. So not been an issue for us at all.

But we have quite liked it overall. I'd buy it again if I did it all over again.

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@cs929, @T, thank you for your responses. They are very helpful. I'm wondering about French door fridge doors closing because my bottom freezer top fridge door closes pretty much by itself once I get it started. I haven't had a French door fridge and I was reading some of them can be harder to close and will sometimes be left slightly ajar. I have 8 grandchildren and I don't want to be pestering them to fully close the fridge doors.

• Jeannie Kim
    3 years ago

Thank you for the comments here. I am about to purchase two 32 inch bottom fridge for a bit of built in look. It's been hard to find good amount of reviews but so far what I've read summarizes as below. Pros: (1) sleek design inside and outside (2) very good internal storage space (3) cooling system is pretty good. Possibly cons...some people complains that (1) the stainless exterior seems weak..gets dents..? (2) Some unusual noise that does or does not bother depending on the people (3) Ice maker isn't that great. (4) I also read milk got spoiled on the door shelf. For me, I think Ill be alright with the noise which doesn't seem to be happening too often anyways. Ice maker...I'm thinking about getting portable ice maker for under $200 instead. BUT, I am worried about how easily the stainless will get dent. I have an active toddler and I myself is clumsy. ^_^ Can anyone add more to this by any chance? Is this true?

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@Jeannie Kim, I've read reviews that mention the F & P doors are easily dented and scratched and some have issues with the handles coming off after a few years. Maybe some of the F & P owners on this board can chime in with their experiences in that regard. @kirbybunny7, are your ice cubes separated in the bin or do they sort of meld together? I'm asking because of a negative Bosch refrigerator review on youtube which I'm hoping is an anomaly. Here are links to the negative Bosch refrigerator review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYRAuy6-hMM&t=9s&ab_channel=TheStrivering & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzUxzXq7RKI&t=172s&ab_channel=TheStrivering. I'm wondering if this one was just a lemon.

• kirbybunny7
    3 years ago

Mostly the ice cubes are separated. Sometimes they stick together and you have to give a clump a whack with the scoop to break it up. But nothing like in the video where it is all frozen together. Still very happy with the Bosch fridge!

• cs929
    3 years ago

I have a F&P fridge and, while I can't compare it to any other fridge in this regard, I'd say that yes, it scratches and dents pretty easily. I wouldn't whack it with anything pointy or open the door into the edge of something.

I'm attaching a photo of some fine scratches it picked up because I have a little magnetized white board on the fridge and one of the magnets picked up a bit of grit. I feel like maybe these could be buffed out, but I haven't bothered because I'm afraid of making things worse.

The handles seem completely solid; I have no worries there.

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@cs929, thank you. A photo is worth a thousand words. Glad the handles are solid. I wonder if the handle issue has been resolved by F & P? I also wonder how much the additional cost would be to purchase an integrated, panel ready F & P and add panels matching the cabinets. I've also seen DIY youtube videos of using pretty and unique, but not cabinet matching panels, for a lower cost. I have 8 grandchildren so if the stainless doors are easily scratched or dented, mine probably would be in very short order.

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@kirbybunny7, thank you. I thought perhaps that youtube review was an anomaly.

• Laura
    3 years ago

This thread is over a year old but it is exactly what I was looking for.
    I see the original poster already purchased the F&P.
    Are you still happy with it?
    Any updates or other reviews from others, before I decide?
    I’m debating both counter depth Bosch ( w/internal H2O and ice maker) vs the F&P (with only ice maker).

• cs929
    3 years ago

I have posted in this thread that I have the F&P with an exterior water dispenser and the interior ice maker in the bottom freezer. Still going strong! Keeps my cold stuff cold, keeps my frozen stuff frozen, gives me water when I want it, no weird noises, no repairs needed...I don't think about it at all (except when this thread is revived, ha)

• Rachel
    3 years ago

I have the Bosch fridge, bought in October. So far so good.

• PRO
    Catherine Oddo Interior Design
    2 years ago

Does the F & P doors dent easily even if you have the fingerprint proof finish?

• cs929
    2 years ago

I'd say yes -- I don't think the finish is related to the thickness of the metal. You don't need to treat a fridge like a delicate antique, but if something hard bangs into it, it's going to dent. I'm not sure F&P is any better or worse with that than any other kind of fridge, though.

• Toni Hamlett
    2 years ago

I have the Bosch 800 series refrigerator since 2018 and I’m amazed by how good it is. The binds for fruits and vegetables (2 separate binds) keep them much longer than any refrigerator I have ever had. As for scratching- I have not had that issue. It is a French door - so if you leave the door open this bell goes off until you address it. Highly recommend it. I do not have water but I do have internal ice that goes into the top freezer drawer.

• Cyrus Frank
    2 years ago

Was at the store to check an F&P today and observed a thin plastic thing over the vegetable drawers. I wondered if it’s something related to shipping/packing, but the associate said it would stay there permanently even during usage.
    Is this accurate? If yes, any idea what’s the purpose?
    TIA!

• Cyrus Frank
    2 years ago

Sorry for the bad picture quality.

• cs929
    2 years ago

Yes, it stays there permanently, and it supposedly helps control the humidity in the crisper drawers. I don't pay that much attention to it, myself...you can learn more about it here:

https://producthelp.fisherpaykel.com/eu/Cool/American_Style/Ice_Only/900mm/RF610ADJX5/Featured_Articles/Video%3A_How_to_Remove%2C_Clean_and_Refit_the_Humidity_Control_Lid

• jbtuxedo
    2 years ago

@cs939 I appreciate your feedback. Went to look at a fridge today and the choice is between a LG and a FP fridge. I like the storage and set up of the FP better but was told that it may easier to get service with the LG. Glad to hear that you still like your FP fridge with water dispenser. I think I am going to go with it.

• jbtuxedo
    2 years ago

@cs939 got my FP 32” French door Friday’s with water and ice dispenser today. Already got a lot of compliments from the pics I posted. I have been trying to find the serial number to register it and it is not at the bottom right corner as they say it should be. I am wondering if you can tell me where yours is located? Thank you.

• cs929
    2 years ago

@jbtuxedo I have the french door fridge/bottom freezer drawer model, and mine is at the very bottom right. You can only see it when you pull out the freezer drawer.

• jbtuxedo
    2 years ago

@cs929, thank you. I guess mine is not a normal French door? It is nowhere on the front of the frame. Will call fisher and Paykel tomorrow.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

There may be a tag on back of the unit, although pulling it out from position for a look-see may not be convenient.

• jbtuxedo
    2 years ago

@dadoes I called FP yesterday and although it is advertised as a French door (which it has), it is categorized as a quad door because it has 2 freezer drawers and the serial number is in the back.

• rogeliorendon02
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We purchased a new FP fully integrated refrigerator (Fisher & Paykel Model: RSA72J1 N) . Everything appeared great with unpackaged out of the box by the installer. However, when the installer was going to connect the water line in the back of the unit and behind the back lower cover plate, he pointed this out the extent of corrosion on the copper lines did not look normal for a New refrigerator.

We contacted FP and they are saying that it was that at time of assembly flux was left on the copper lines and not cleaned off. As you can see on the photo the copper lines have more than usual oxidation being that it is new, out of the box purchased. Is this normal to have copper lines looking like this for a brand new refrigerator? Fisher & Paykel is saying it is fine, but we are having our doubts that we will be having issues down the line from this corrosion.

FYI. unit came out of factory production in May 2021. unit has not been used and been in a climate control space.

• JJ Mekai
    2 years ago

@rogeliorendon02, this would concern me too.

• Toni Hamlett
    2 years ago

I would be concerned but due to the shortage if they are willing to put something in writing saying they will fix any issues resulting from this for the life or expected life of a refrigerator I would consider it. All the best

• Jon Chan
    last year

We got our rs36w80lj1 back in January. Pros and cons.

Pros: quiet, keeps items cold and frozen. Simple to install. Looks very sleek being completely flush to cabinetry. Seems sturdy. The panels are adjustable in x,y,z axis so you can fine tune the gaps and fitment.

Cons: the leveling system can be adjusted front and back and all independently is garbage since it's just the rollers and have no actual legs. If you don't have a completely level floor you may have issues getting it completely level since it's on rollers. Screwing into the cabinetry maintaining the position of the fridge will be tricky as opening the doors to get to the brackets can move the fridge. The 72" height version of this fridge has a better levelling system as it has adjustable rollers AND front feet that are lowered once the fridge is level and the fridge won't move back and forth after the legs are set.

Cons cont: only makes 8 ocd cubes every 3-4 hrs. Even with ice boost on its not mich more. My ice maker spits /drips water when the trays get filled so I have to clean ice buildup from areas of the ice container and it sometimes drips inside the ice container causing the ice cubes to bind together. At first I thought this was a level issue so I reinstalled the fridge fixing the level hoping this would fix the issue but it still happens.

Cons cont: hinges look solid but after a while start to make some noise. Again I thought it was a level thing from the first install. I reinstalled it level and it was quiet until a mth later and is starting to make some noise. Not sure if it'll be as noisy as it was before it was properly levelled so we will see.

Cons cont: stainless steel panels appeared to be coated with a clear coating which actually does cause it to scratch easily. And bc of this coating you can't polish it like traditional stainless steel. Maybe car polish might fix it. Secondly, it does seem quite thin. And does dent fairly easy.

All in all for tht price, FP fridges are great for the price. You are getting a built in integrated fridge for way less than viking SZ etc which run 10+k.

Would I get FP again? I wouldn't get it unless they fixed the levelling system to that of the 72" height one. I would probably get the 72" one next but I also am liking tht Bosch counter depth one as well. I don't mind how the Bosch does sit a bit proud but the FP does look very sleep bring completely flush.

Could the issues be because of my un level floor? Maybe. Or the FP is more finicky when it comes to having a level floor.

Anyways, well see how long the fridge lasts. Bosch will definitely be on my radar when it comes time to get a new fridge. I'm not optimistic that fridges these days won't last more than ten years (max) these days.

• artemis78
    last year

Bumping this to see how people are liking these refrigerators a year in, since we are deciding between the two. I was set on the Bosch--we prefer the interior layout--but am concerned about the separate thread on the stainless coating peeling off. Have those with Bosch refrigerators on this thread had this issue?

For those with the F&P, how annoying is it to have to pull out the tray to pull out the two produce drawers? That was the dealbreaker for us but wondering if it's something we would learn to live with given the cost difference between the two. We don't need water/ice, but will plumb for ice if we get the Bosch.