SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

It's T'Day and I'm Thankful...

plllog
4 years ago

Today was a really good cooking day, and I'm thankful. My itty bitty guest list doubled to just small yesterday. I had a few days warning that they might, but I really didn't think they really were coming. Yesterday, I baked the pumpkin pie and took it, the vegetables, stuffing bread, some heavy bottles, 6 cups of stock, the ice cream, and the turkey breast to where the meal will be. I was whipped! I crashed, then was up late, then got woken by the rain starting (pressure change, not noise). I woke up very allergic to all that the rain brings out, but I guess I slept pretty well in between there, and was able to get to work right away.

Some time into all the bits and pieces I was cooking (roasted sweet potatoes, corn, cranberries and carrots, fried sage (fail) and kabocha (amazing!), cranberry sauce, gravy, spiced pecans, bourbon reduction, apple pie), I realized how much I was getting done and discovered something wonderful! Even though I had the itchy allergies, I could breathe! And my bad ankle didn't hurt, and was only a little swollen. And my bad heel didn't hurt at all, not even at the end of the day!

I got everything done, with a time out to watch a sappy holiday movie, and even baked that extra apple pie (with blueberries). And I'm not overtired or stressed.

This is SO delightful!! I'm so thankful!

And I'm thankful for this forum, for the friends I've made here, and the things I've learned and all the little things. Like I was trying to decide which pan would be best for frying kabocha, when I remembered Annie saying that if she needs to reseason a pan, she makes a few batches of french fries. So I chose the pan that I heated some of the seasoning off of the other day. Perfect!

I don't know that my luck will hold in the morning, but I just have to get there will all of today's bounty, cook some veg and throw the turkey in the oven. Either way, I'm really grateful for having had such a great day on Wednesday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County