SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Bridal Shower Brunch Recap

User
4 years ago

We had 11 out of the 12 come. I agonized over a big table for all 12 or two smaller six tables. My DD said two sixes because then everyone can talk to their table. We had the bride divide her lunch between both tables so she could visit with all.

The dining room table had six and then we set up an extra table in the middle of the living room for the other six. The settings were mirror images.

As it turned out, that was super great -- we all ate, then I cleared the living room table and the gifts were placed there and everyone sat in the living room while she opened her gifts.

While she was opening gifts, I set up the dining room table for dessert and coffee AFTER the gift opening. Cleaned off that table and reset it for dessert and coffee.

An acquaintance of mine emailed the next day and said that she thought it was the nicest shower she'd every been to -- so elegant! Another friend called and wanted the frittata recipe.

The mother of the bride gushed over how nice it was and whenever Martha does anything, it WILL be nice.

I served a chicken broccoli frittata (it was brunch), hot curried fruit (the curry a nod to their Asian heritage -- even though it is really a Southern dish), madelines (because that's the bride's name) -- corn, lemon poppyseed and orange rosemary, and red velvet cupcakes for dessert (because that's one flavor of her wedding cake)

I was very pleased!

Some pictures

The two tables -- dining room foreground and living room in the background.

The madelines -- only the orange rosemary on the right are true madelines -- the other two are really muffin recipes.

Frittata and hot curried fruit

The dessert table

Comments (5)