SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

How Does it Work with Shared Email Contacts?

ritaweeda
4 years ago

I got an email from Linkedin inviting me to join my sister's account. I don't do FB and was pretty sure I didn't want to join this website, either so I asked her about it. She just said that it was an invitation so I said well what would be the benefit for me? She really didn't have an answer to that. So I finally said well, how did they get my email address in the first place? She said that there was a way to send them all her email contacts so that's what she did. Since she hasn't a clue or a care about what I feel about some of these social media sites, I decided to drop it before it got heated but isn't that an invasion of my privacy to supply my email address to a website? Do they ever use that information for any other reason than to send those invitations? I have a very vague notion of what Linkedin is and to me it's just a self-marketing tool. If someone wants that in their life fine, but I don't like the fact that my information is out there for any entity unless I give it to them. And for those of you who don't have issues with FB and such, before you start in on me, yes, I know this is a social media site and I'm a part of it but I don't have my private or anyone else's private information out there on it for anyone else to see. I just want more info. on how this works with this site.

Comments (5)