SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deborah_zuskan

Ceiling Fixture for 8' ceiling, off centre from dining table

DAZ HOME
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Moved into a rental apartment where the ceiling fixture, which we're replacing, is not centered over our dining table. Nothing new there...

not wishing to do any sort of swag pendant treatment,

I'm looking for a solution that does double duty - something that lights up the dining area, but also casts light over into the living room area.

Because there are no floor outlets in there, I can't use floor lamps or table lamps without cords running across the only traffic places to get in and out of the space.

Was thinking of a pendant or semi pendant fixture that spreads across the ceiling that has multi-directional lighting, something more attractive than wavy track light.

The space is still to be painted and decorated, but there's plenty of room in both areas for uplights.

Main dilema is what to use in that fixture, as it can't hang very low and yet needs to spread light.

I'm attaching photos of the space and some ideas. I've heard a few times lately that it's not necessary to have the fixture directly over the dining table, so I hope some of the ideas I have would work.

Am I on the right track?

Comments (5)