SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof! Seasonal Treats

amylou321
4 years ago

What do you look forward to that is strictly seasonal, food wise? For me its all the pumpkin goodies (NOT PUMPKIN SPICE, PUMPKIN) and eggnog in the fall and winter. I really look forward to them, even though I am being good and forgoing them this year, for the most part. I have noticed that there are a lot of "hot chocolate" flavored things out now that look enticing, but i think if i am gonna go off the rails it will be for the real thing, not a hot chocolate flavored oreo. Even if I don't let myself eat them I love to see all the fall and Christmas themed flavors out there. Adds to the joy i feel this time of year. I saw a big bag of white cheddar cheese balls that were marketed as "Snowballs". I am a sucker for things like that. I also like the cheap straight sugar junk foods that are out this time of year. Think Little Debbie eggnog rolls.

I know lots of people look forward to the big Thanksgiving feast that only happens once a year for many. Me, meh. Its a tradition and a reason to get together. But the food.while very good, isn't usually something I am jonesing for. (except my moms pumpkin pie)

I cannot say i get excited for anything that would be seasonal in the spring or summer. Nothing I can think of anyway. I mean, I like a good tomato in the summer(and good tomatoes ARE seasonal) and all but cannot say i look forward to them like I do my precious eggnog.

What about you?

Comments (61)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures