Catalog Living

Lindsey_CA

I was in search of something I had saved on my computer when I came across a pic I had saved many years ago. There is a website called Catalog Living that was started by a woman named Molly Erdman. She takes photos from catalogs and websites and puts hilarious captions on them. The fictional couple who live in her photos are Gary and Elaine. Here's the pic I saved, as a sample of what you'll see if you check out the website. And, she apparently has books you can purchase now. Funny holiday gift for folks with a sense of humor.

SaveComment9Like1
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eld6161

Yes, I remember them. They are funny.

Save    
aok27502

I used to follow that site quite a bit. Then it seemed to fizzle out, it went months without any update. I assumed that they had moved to Facebook and I quit checking it. I can remember sitting here one night in hysterics from some of the captions.

Save    
Alisande

This is new to me--and how funny! Thanks, Lindsey!

Save    
maire_cate

Gary and Elaine are back? Really? I loved the old blog, but I thought the author had stopped updating....off to find them again.

Thanks, Maire

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

cute!

Save    
salonva

New to me and thanks for the chuckle!

Save    
aok27502

It doesn't look like the blog is back. The most recent posts are 2017. But they are still funny!

1 Like Save    
Bluebell66

They’re on Instagram - fun to follow.

Save    
ghoghunter

When I clicked your link the page it went to was cute but it was dated 2017.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Furniture Style Trick: Use Office Furniture Outside the Office
Flat files, desks, task chairs and card catalogs add form and function to living spaces, too
Full Story
Rustic Style Houzz Tour: Picture-Perfect Simplicity
It’s like camping out in a catalog sometimes at this classic farmhouse — Pottery Barn and other retailers love it for photo shoots
Full Story
Gardening Guides 6 Reasons I’m Not Looking Forward to Spring
Not kicking up your heels anticipating rushes of spring color and garden catalogs? You’re not alone
Full Story