SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_314459899

layout for utility room

Erin W
4 years ago

Hi! We are currently building our first home, and I need some thoughts for the layout of our laundry/utility room. It is small, so I’m trying to get the most out of space and storage. You’ll see in the picture below that the right hand side is a washer and dryer. The set we have already open from the top, they are not front load. So a folding rack above the washer and dryer is not an option. On the left side of the room, we decided to get rid of that closet. So there is a utility sink, then we are going do that whole wall with the granite extended over from the utility sink as a folding table. I have so many hanging clothes items so I would like to do a hanging rack or rod above the folding table there. I also want more storage space for basic things like extra sheets or towels, batteries, toilet paper and paper towels. So What do you suggest for layout? Cabinets below the folding table or keep that open for dirty clothes hampers? Shelving above the hanging rack? (But I also didn’t wasn’t paper goods out in the open for visibility purposes. I’m to the point of needing to finalize our layout here with cabinets and such and just looking for ideas to get the best of both worlds. Thanks!

Comments (11)