SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Have You Tried Any Product New to You and like or dislike?

Last summer I bought a two pack of Heinz Mayo Chup and we like it pretty well. I had it on some salmon patties and I did think it went well with those. Another Heinz product I have tried is their mayo and I like it best of all the mayos I have used. Have you tried anything new to you that you like or even dislike?

Sue

Comments (53)

• jerseygirl07603 z6NJ
    4 years ago

Heinz Hamburger Topping. Haven't tried it yet on burgers, but love it on hot dogs and turkey sandwiches.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked jerseygirl07603 z6NJ
  • quasifish
    4 years ago

An O'Cedar spray mop with washable pads. It's really great for quick cleaning- it's like a damp dust mop. Our 13 yo even likes to use it :^) It's not super sturdy feeling, you aren't going to use it for a serious mopping or scrubbing, but for quick clean ups, it's a winner.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked quasifish
  • Related Discussions

What new products have you tried.......

Q

Comments (5)
    Sally Hansen Hand creme in the orange tube is for reducing age spots and aged hands. I don't use it for that purpose. I put it on my feet and heels and it gets rids of the roughness and prickly dead skin after a few uses. Before using this, I was constantly scrapping the dead skin off with that PED thing followed by the sanding paper to smooth the dead skin. Not anymore. This stuff is a keeper. I have to get another tube.
    ...See More

Have you tried any of these soapy perfumes?

Q

Comments (14)
    Yes, sadly, Fleurissimo is expensive. My kids never know what to give me for Christmas, so I tell them to get me a bottle. It works out for everyone! I first found it at Harrod's in London. At that time, it was very hard to track down in the US. I only found one store that sold it; the store was in Seattle, so shipped it to me. Now it is more available and several of the better department stores carry it. However, I haven't found anyone who discounts it very much, even online. If you like it, buy the larger bottle. It lasts well and is much less expensive per ounce that the smaller. A word of warning: Do not be tempted to keep applying it because YOU no longer smell it. It's one of those perfumes of which the wearer loses the scent, unless applying nose to wrist. But everyone else can still smell it and love it. I get so many favorable comments every time I wear it. Some people do not even realize it's a perfume they smell, because it is not at all perfumy-smelling. It's a clear, light floral scent. I hope you enjoy the sample. Just remember to keep sniffing your wrist!
    ...See More

Lemon Plum-What New To You Things Have You Tried Lately?

Q

Comments (6)
    Patti, think of it this way....the dark green stems are left on to protect the tender part from damage and dessication. I've heard some TV cooks remark about freezing those stems for use when making stock. I've not done that but it sounds like a good idea. I save shrimp shells for stock! I love plums and always look forward to seeing them in the markets. I agree that this 'lemon plum ' is special. Plums don't have a very long shelf life, sadly, and bruise so easily. They shouldn't be picked when they are still little hard because they don't continue to get sweet once picked. They'll soften up but taste mealy and bland. They are picked much too early to withstand the rigours of the commercial market. I haven't gone exploring in the right grocery stores (lately) to find something new to me. I taught a college course one year about exotic, tropical, and world foods and for a fun assignnent challenged the class to find, research, and prepare for eating something that fullfilled the assignnent. It was a night class, so conducive to sharing a little meal. What fun! I had never tasted starfruit until that night....delicious. Students sleuthed out really neat grains, spices, fruits and vegetables. Luckily, our little city was multi-cultural....and larger cities very close by.
    ...See More

which steam mop do you have? like? dislike?

Q

Comments (5)
    I've also been wanting to ask about this. I've been reading reviews all over the internet, and people seem to either love or hate every machine out there. It's very frustrating. I have shedding cats, and almost all hard flooring. The entry, kitchen, LR, DR, bathrooms, laundry room, and hallways are all stone-look tile, so the surface is uneven. I also have WHITE grout. Mopping this with a regular string mop just kills my wrists and shoulders, and some days, it just looks like dirty water settles into the low spots on the tile and grout, and I've "rearranged" the dirt, rather than cleaned it. That Bissell mop gets (almost all) great reviews, and you sure can't beat the price. Wonder how it works on uneven tile? The PO's installed this flooring, and when we bought the place, we just loved it. When it's freshly cleaned, it's just gorgeous, but keeping it that way has been a big chore. And white grout would have never been my choice for any flooring anywhere.
    ...See More
  • Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

I don't remember what brand it is, but I recently bought a mop at the hardware store that has an oversized head and microfiber bonnets. Wow! Does it make mopping fast. I wet and wring out the bonnets and put them in a bucket, then away I go, changing bonnets when the one on the mop is dirty. After I finish, I throw all of the bonnets into the washer with the other cleaning cloths and towels. No more mop bucket full of sloshy water. No more dumping dirty water out and refilling with clean water. No more trying to wring out a string mop.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Fun2BHere
  • foodonastump
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Got ahold of a bunch of Tom’s of Maine products recently. Not typically a brand I’d seek out but for some reason I’m really liking their charcoal toothpaste. If you prefer a mild mint I recommend it. And there’s something fun about having a mouth full of black foamy toothpaste, seems especially fitting around Halloween. The kids are liking the sea salt mouthwash. Again, a pretty mild mint and no alcohol.

ETA - and I second OutsidePlaying’s rec for sprayaway. My mom gave me a can a while back and I never tried it, until recently when I was losing a battle with a picture window. It’s the best!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked foodonastump
  • chisue
    4 years ago

Gino's East Chicago Tavern Style sausage pizza is the only frozen one we've found that isn't much too salty. (Maybe only available locally?)

I get four servings of pea soup in 15 minutes using one packet of Alessi dry mix. Easy. Tasty. No MSG (unlike all their other soup varieties). I add a handfull of ham bits.Not AS GOOD as homemade, but we're just two people with limited freezer space.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked chisue
  • Michael
    4 years ago

Since my cars are detailed quite often I switched to washing with Optimum No Rinse, followed by Opti Seal as the drying agent. Wow factor and much easier than hose and two bucket method. Two gallons of distilled water & ONR solution will wash three cars.

Outside, Sprayway is my favorite glass cleaner unless the glass is super dirty and contaminated, then I use a dilution of Super Clean and Magic Eraser, followed by Sprayway and buffing cloth.

As for mops, the best thing I did was take Annie's advice and buy the spin mop method. Easy no mess mopping for all hard floor surfaces.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Michael
  • foodonastump
    4 years ago

Outside, Sprayway is my favorite glass cleaner...

Funny, even though I also responded to OutsidePlaying’s rec I read this post as saying Sprayaway is better for outdoor use. Which is kinda true in that my house smelled like it went to the car wash. ;)

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked foodonastump
  • ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

I got a bottle of organic cleaner - Method Antibac, Bamboo scent. I love it. It's spray and wipe. It makes the bathroom smell so fresh & clean (and I also use it to clean my kitchen sink after handling raw meat.) I also love the regular Method All-Purpose cleaner. It was given high marks from Adam in the Testing Lab at America's Test Kitchen. Also a wipe-and-go; there are no chemicals and no residue. I use it on my counters and glass table top, and boy does it make my chrome toaster sparkle!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ediej1209 AL Zn 7
  • User
    4 years ago

The Good: Double-strand Plackers flossers. Can't believe all the stuff they pull out from between the teeth and around the gumline.

Eatsmart Asian Sesame salad kit.

Bombay Sapphire Gin.

Impossible Whopper - not that I plan to run out often to get it, but I did go and get one just because I was curious and yes, it tastes just like a fast-food beef hamburger.

The Bad: Baseboard Buddy - total piece of cr$%. It keeps coming off the handle.

Boar's Head Bold Aloha Sunshine Turkey Breast - supposedly coated with pineapple and hibiscus (???) - yuck. I guess that's why it was on sale.

Thundershirt for dogs' thunder anxiety - LOL!!!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked User
  • Olychick
    4 years ago

I just bought a set of these "last drop" spatulas. Spatty. You can use them in the kitchen or with bath products to scrape out the bottom of jars and bottles. I saw them on The View's "View Your Deal" for 50% off and bought a bunch of them for stocking stuffers.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Olychick
  • lulu bella
    4 years ago

Wasn't that Spatty on shark tank? Spatty Daddy or did someone copy it? (the sharks loved her and the product but didn't think it had enough for a company as they say).

I too am a fan of Sprayway for glass.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lulu bella
  • Olychick
    4 years ago

I don't know what shark tank is...I saw it on "view your deal". They have some fun ideas for things and 50% off on the products for a short time.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Olychick
  • jewels_ks
    4 years ago

I had never heard of Sprayway until I had my car windows tinted and again when the same guy tinted some windows in my house. He recommended Sprayway and another for window tint.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked jewels_ks
  • User
    4 years ago

I use Sprayway in a pinch, but nothing cleans as good as water & white vinegar using a squeegee.

Trader Joe's Jalapeno Sauce gets rave reviews on the TJ FB page. To me it's just meh. https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/4803

• plllog
    4 years ago

The good: Kickin' Ketchup. Purchased at Whole Foods. It's more kickin' than ketchupy, but really good. It may only be local, though (SoCal).

The bad (well not bad bad but kinda bad): Trader Joe's shelf stable flat package of "tapas style" artichoke hearts. They're the tiny ones, and perfectly turned. Really cute. Packed in oil. And have no flavor at all. None. Kind of watery tasting too. The oil doesn't even taste like anything. I'm sure I can rescue them by rinsing and seasoning them. but they look really cute and they're blah.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked plllog
  • User
    4 years ago

Not really new but probably the last time I had any was over ten years ago. Cheetos. For some weird reason I liked the powdered cheese that spread every where. I seldom ate the curls only licked the cheese stuff off of them and my fingers and several other places. One of the stores I go to had a promotion where you receive 2 cents off on gas purchases so needing gas I purchased a bag. There was very little of that orange stuff on them because now the curls surface are colored orange where before the entire curl was a very light yellow orange. I was so disappointed that there was not enough of the orange stuff to lick off the curls.

• socks
    4 years ago

I posted this a couple years ago but still like this tool for cleaning under the washer/dryer/stove. It is so helpful. I vacuum it off when finished. It's filthy but still works great.

https://smile.amazon.com/MACHINE-WASHABLE-REACH-FLEXIBLE-DUSTER/dp/B0033SAK8S/ref=sr_1_5?crid=34SYAM54JO896&keywords=under+refrigerator+cleaning+tool&qid=1572403630&sprefix=cleaning+tool+under+%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-5

I also use a long skinny brush to loosen the dust on the coils under the refrigerator. My MIL gave it to me, but they are available on Amazon.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked socks
  • Eileen
    4 years ago

Maifleur, Cheetos are a racket. There's not enough cheese so you have to eat half the bag to get enough of a cheese hit. Cheetos Paws are cheesier than the puffs because of the holes in the "paws".

I usually buy Chester's PuffCorn. It seems a bit cheesier.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Eileen
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    4 years ago

These are amazing and horribly addictive. If anybody remembers Fiddle Faddle, it's a bit similar:

Trader Joe's Elote flavor Dippers are awesome too, though they've been around for a bit - very spicy, also addicting:

And Aldi has some new organic smoked beef sausages that are pretty great as well.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    4 years ago

I love Skechers shoes! I bought my first pair back in the spring and now I have 3 pairs. So light and comfortable!

I've also been trying CBD oil products for the first time to ease RA pain and stiffness and for my arthritic hip and have been really pleased with the results so far after a few weeks. I hadn't been able to sleep on my right side due to the hip and since starting the CBD I haven't had a problem.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I too like Skechers and just got a new pair. The CBD oil I tried a few bottles and it did not help me.

• SEA SEA
    4 years ago

The Good: SuperGoop Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40. I will actually wear this. It feels comfortable and doesn't give me the gross oil slick face the others do. I must have 15 different tubes or jars of sunscreen for the face. Most of them used a couple of times. For one reason or another, they get flipped into the "fail box"--usually burning eye issues or the unacceptable shiny slick face.

The Bad: I did like the Olay SPF 50 comfort-wise, but I found I was getting obvious sun damage and looking quite tan using it, all while not being in direct sunlight. I suspect the claimed SPF of 50 could be exaggerated. Bummer. Now I have to explain this to the dermo in January as it still shows :( I'm hoping she'll go easy on me...

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked SEA SEA
  • always1stepbehind
    4 years ago

LOVE Sprayway....mostly the smell. BUT to add to that...I don't know if you remember not to far back I posted a thread about Norwex products..had gone to a party and bought a pretty pricey kit. Well I haven't use much out of it to be honest. A few weeks ago I had swapped out two wall mirrors...cleaned them with Sprayway...thought they were clean...Well when I hung up the mirror I could see smudges. Hmmm. So I decide to grab the glass polishing cloth or whatever it's called. Well it made a 1000% difference!!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked always1stepbehind
  • User
    4 years ago

Sea Sea and others if you work under fluorescent lights all day but only use sunscreen when outside you may want to rethink and use it when under those lights. I used to have an all year farmers tan on my arms because I wore short sleeved shirts to work. The lights do emit various rays that can tan the skin on some but not all people.

• SEA SEA
    4 years ago

Good to know maifleur01.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked SEA SEA
  • CA Kate z9
    4 years ago

I know it's not new, but I'm still in love with my Breville oven.

I found some smaller silicon spatulas at Sur le Table that I keep in the drawer right by the stove. I use them all the time. One thing I really like is that the head and the handle are all one piece... no where for grime to hide.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked CA Kate z9
  • Judy Good
    4 years ago

We just tried Jacks "cheese Sticks" pizza. They are the most wonderful cheesy bread sticks I have ever had. Red sauce included in a separate pouch. Looks just like a pizza but you cut it differently. Found by other Jacks pizza's at the store.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Judy Good
  • chisue
    4 years ago

Lone Jack -- Would you please share the specifics of the CBD oil that has helped you? Without any regulations in place for these products, it's impossible to know which supplier (even which 'batch' from the same supplier) is 'good'. Thanks!

• John Liu
    4 years ago

Mushroom zest! Found at a gourmet store in N Hollywood. In powder form.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked John Liu
  • chisue
    4 years ago

Not new, but new to us, and we like it: Quaker Oatmeal Squares with Brown Sugar. It's oat meal *and* whole wheat flour, so not entirely oats. Costco carries it. I stock the Squares; Post Great Grains in several varieties; and Multigrain Cheerios as cold cereals. (DH eats the Cheerios; not me!) We have eggs for breakfast twice a week.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    4 years ago

chisue

I've purchased all of my CBD products from 'CBD American Shaman' which exclusively sells products they have produced and tested themselves. They also have independent labs that test their products for purity and potency. They contract their cannibis growers and monitor the crops to ensure there is no more than 0.3% THC. I agree that it's best to stay away from the products you will see at convenience stores as there's no telling if they have been tested.

I've used these products so far. They are a little pricey but I bought them in store when they were offering a 30% discount at the time.

CBD topical cream

CBD water soluble full spectrum

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • llitm
    4 years ago

alway1step, while reading all the rave comments about Sprayaway, I was wondering how much better it could be than the Norwex cloths which are so easy to use and have less environmental impact. Then...your comment, lol!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked llitm
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    4 years ago

What a great topic. Here are my thoughts.

Very Good

Screamin’ Sicilian Frozen Pizzas. I was reading a review on frozen pizzas and this brand was the winner and highly recommended. The sauce tastes very close to homemade. It is the only brand of frozen pizza we purchase now. Used to buy Red Baron and DiGiorno, but no longer. https://www.screaminsicilian.com/pizzas

Instant Pot Ultra 6 quart and 3 quart and Gourmia GAF-635 Air Fryer. I absolutely love these new tools for cooking. I can have a great meal from the time of starting the meal to eating ready in 30 minutes. For example, last night cooked frozen chicken thighs, as well as biscuits, in the air fryer and seasoned small golden potatoes and carrots in the Instant Pot. Started everything and in about 27 minutes had the biscuits buttered and the meal plated. Very, very good and beats standing over a stovetop with my back hurting severely the whole time.

Editing to add these cleaning cloths. They are fantastic. The mini ones are the best cleaners for eyeglasses I have ever had; you don't have to us anything but the cloth and the eyeglasses come completely clean. I have one in a desk drawer, night stand drawer, in purse, and one in the car.

Mini Hot Pink Rags in a Bag (BOGO) http://shop.flylady.net/p/(PINK-BOGO)

Silver Rags in a Bag (BOGO) http://shop.flylady.net/p/(SLVR-BOGO)

Not Good

The Tasty Bite Indian Vegetable Tikka Masala purchased from Costco. Usually the Tasty Bite products are good, but this was so, so bland. We could not even eat it.

Agree with Ritaweeds about the Bombay Sapphire Gin. It has been our gin of choice for many years.

Also agree with all of you who like the Sprayway glass cleaner. My sister told me about it several years ago.

Olychick, so glad you posted about the Spatty Spatulas. I had not heard of them. Used to watch The View every day and don’t know why I quit watching it. I went to Amazon and put some in my basket; I like your idea of using them for stocking stuffers.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • chisue
    4 years ago

Thanks, Lone Jack. Got it. Nearest store is Kenosha, WI, where my hairdresser lives; I'll ask her about it. (She and I are 'growing old together', although I could be her mother.)

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

For those who like to wear dresses with bare legs, but who don't like their thighs to chafe or to stick together during summer heat, I bought a pair of Maidenform Thigh Shapers to wear under a dress and fell in love. They are so comfy and no more chafing or sticking! They also helped with static cling. I bought a flesh colored pair and will be buying more of these in other shades such as black and white. Love them!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked DawnInCal
  • kathyg_in_mi
    4 years ago

Chi sue, I love Quaker Oatmeal Squares, my DDIL picks me up a box when I run out.

My new favorite item is Blake’s Pickled Baby Beets, I find them at Meijers here in Michigan. Delicious!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked kathyg_in_mi
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

Sutter Buttes Citrus Habanero infused olive oil. So tasty! I use a light hand with it so it has never been hot pepper hot, just a perfect zesty flavor. But, my goodness, $26/bottle. It was a gift to me, but I need to make sure it lasts a long time!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • chisue
    4 years ago

Screaming Sicilian is here, too, and was our fave before finding the Gino's East Tavern Style. We like plain sausage. I'll eat the 'supreme' with everything, but pick out the green pepper and pepperoni. We both like the very thinnest crust we can get. Chicago is famous for Lou Malnotti's deep dish pizza -- way too much crust for us.

• nickel_kg
    4 years ago

Hmmm, DH just left to get a Digiorno -- never heard of Screamin' Sicilian but will look for it.

Product that was pretty awful: sparkling ale. I thought it was worth a try, since so many craft beers are featuring citrus flavors and maybe it'd be like a Shandy or a Mimosa. No, poured it out after a few sips.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked nickel_kg
  • wildchild2x2
    4 years ago

Love - Rubbermaid 20 oz. Chug Bottles. So much better than fancy sport water bottles. No nasty parts like pop up straws, weird valves or sliders to clean and they go right into the dishwasher. I freeze them half full of water or even 2/3s full in extreme weather and top them off when I need them. They fit any saddle bottle holder and I can open and close them with one hand. No leaks.

Worst recent purchase - I love Ling Ling Frozen Potstickers. Recently I saw some that were "New" Teriyaki flavored. Horrid. The taste was chemical like and nothing that resembled food.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked wildchild2x2
  • lulu bella
    4 years ago

Don't hate me but I really like the airwick plug ins. I have tried other brands and most just don't do it for me. With Airwick, the scent is definitely there but more subtle and not overpowering. I also do like Febreze, but they are like twice the price. (I do not like Glade. I used to like BBW but they went downhill in my experience.)

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lulu bella
  • OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

I had forgotten about this gem until this weekend when I decided my bathroom drain needed attention. It wasn’t running slowly but I was cleaning the sink and decided to do it all. Someone here, maybe Ida (?), recommended these several years ago. The plastic thingies really do work, and I promise you will be amazed at what comes out. Wear gloves and be prepared with a plastic bag for carrying the mess to the trash.

https://www.amazon.com/Omont-Remover-Relief-Cleaner-Cleaning/dp/B073GTXVM5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=34NKPHFQC4XVX&keywords=drain+cleaner+tool&qid=1572888711&sprefix=Drain+cleaner%2Caps%2C369&sr=8-5

• SEA SEA
    4 years ago

^^^Perked up like a cat hearing the can opener and ordered immediately. Thanks for the share!

• Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

Onyx foot peel. Used it last Thursday and nothing. I even soaked my feet a couple days later in Listerine and vinegar mentioned in an old post from the Summer. Nothing. So I bought another brand from Amazon.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Kathsgrdn
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

Oh, yes those drain cleaners are great! The brand I have (I think was the original) is called Zip-It. Sturdy, has lasted for years. There are cheap ones at some stores that will break in use if you are not careful!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • Angela Id
    4 years ago

Nature's Bounty (I think) Hair, Skin, and Nails supplement. I wore acrylic nails for about 25 years. When my lady passed, and the younger crowd started that new "short, thick, gluncky look", I gave up. That was at least 15 years ago. My nails never recovered. Wouldn't grow, would peel apart like layers of old parchment paper, were so thin and brittle ... my fine, thin, hair would not grow past my shoulder blades.

I've been taking this about two months. My hair is/ was down to my butt (I got it cut tonight to mid-back - the gal could not stop talking about how silky, and full, my hair was! She had another stylist come over, and they just kept running their fingers through my hair. Husband asked me if I was purring!)

My nails are fabulous. Strong and healthy! I have to trim them every weekend, and be careful rubbing my eyes, or scratching an itch, because they are so strong, and long, that I'm not used to them yet.

On the flip side, I also have to soak my feet and give myself a pedi every week, because the toenails are getting just as long, and strong! LOL

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Angela Id
  • wildchild2x2
    4 years ago

Liked: Nature Valley Almond Butter Granola Cups. They were my "healthier" go to snack to fall back on with a piece of fruit when I had to rush off somewhere without time to eat.

Can't stand: Nature Valley Almond Butter Granola Cups. Won't buy again.

Why: "New Recipe, Tasty, Creamy" according to the latest packaging. This new improved product is disgusting, both in taste and texture. Why do companies do this?

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked wildchild2x2
  • arkansas girl
    4 years ago

watchmelol, definitely contact the company and let them know!!!!!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked arkansas girl
  • bbstx
    4 years ago

DD convinced me to buy this handheld vac when my old dust buster died. It is great! The handheld part is small and lightweight and performs better than a dust buster. I keep it on its charging base on a shelf in the pantry. The little floor head is great for giving the kitchen floor a quick once over.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked bbstx