SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane_l48

my GE french style fridge door swings too far....

Jane L
4 years ago

my house is new house and I moved in 8 months ago. (still have 1 y warranty)

the problem is my french style refrigerator left door is hitting next wall.

this model is Monogram ZWE23PSHSS. I bought this from our builder.

Saleswoman told me this fridge would be fitted with cabinets well. That's why I paid more this from the builder, not Best Buy! you know we can buy better and cheaper one at other store.

anyway when I moved in my house. I noticed there is something problem because there are gap around fridge. but I was not sensitive. After 5 months, I realized there are long scratches on the left door. left door is hitting the next wall edge everytime I open the door.

this wall layout is ridiculous. I was trying to find door stopper of this model. but GE said they don't have any accessories for this model because this one is french style refrigerator. I asked to builder to fix it or give good solution. they are trying to ignore and avoid responsibility now.

so I have to pull out the fridge from the back wall almost 12" and push right side (so it's not centered with upper cabinet).

it looks soooo wierd.

one of the customer service rep said when their contractor build this house, they didn't think about fridge dimension. he said "just in my opinion". and then he also didn't response of my text so far.

I bought this fridge before they started to build. it's really bullshit.

Do you guys have any solution about this? do I need to report contractor board? will they approve it?

Thank you for reading.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals