SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mfglickman

Cabinet / wall painting dilemma

Mary Glickman
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all, I’m sure there is a “correct” answer to this but I don’t know it! These cabinets are built-in in my 1758 New England cape kitchen. (Kitchen is a 1950’s ish addition so they are not that old). I am replacing the cabinets on the other side of the room with new Dover white ones. The wide pine Floors stay, and my husband is bent on keeping the pine ceilings, but has consented to a more modern light fixture.

Counters will be viscount white granite, and appliances are stainless range, white dw, and white floating glass Jenn air fridge.

So these cabinets i want want to paint BM Thundercloud Gray. My question is, do I then need to paint all the wall and trim bits around these cabs also the same gray? There are no walls to speak of (there’s whitewashed brick) on the other side of the room but there is a window, currently trimmed in this same green, that i’d like to trim in white Or very pale gray.

So - what say you all? Does this entire end of the room need to be thundercloud gray or can I do a pale gray/white on the door frames and wall bits (like where switches are next to big double door cabinet)?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions