SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mt1021

Two-tone wood dilemma (kitchen & main), painting suggestions please.

mt1021
3 years ago

We moved into this home a few months back, the two-tone wood throughout isn’t our style. I’d be okay with a wood look, but not the cherry + oak (or maple). I’m thinking of either painting all of the wood a soft white and paint the entire space/walls a soft grey, or possibly painting the two-tone wood a moody light grey and painting all of the walls a soft white. Or, remove the lighter trim and have cherry trim installed?

Th art above the fireplace will be changed to better fit that space too. And we
Will have a new chandelier for the entryway.

Any other suggestions or recommendations? It will be quite the project so I’m leaving plenty of time for planning.

The two-tone look is in the kitchen, the dining bar area, the fireplace and the built in display.

The house has a very formal feel to it, just not quite our style. I really want to keep it traditional feeling and homey, I worry too much white might take away from that. We would also update the granite in the kitchen and change up the fireplace surround.

I am desperately in need of suggestions for our “tv wall” space as well. Initially I planned for built ins but that space is huge, and I don’t want to choose a color for built ins until we figure out what to do with the rest of the home.

*Sorry about the clutter - our littles ones and us live here. :)

I appreciate the help!

Comments (2)