SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forshoppingonline

Help choose the wood floor tiles to go with my two-tone kitchen

Pink Poppy
7 years ago

I'm in the process of selecting the floor and counter for my kitchen. I created a separate thread asking for help with choosing the counters. I hope you all aren't annoyed with me for creating two separate threads and for cross-posting in the "Design Dilemmas" forum too.

I plan to get porcelain wood tiles for the floor. The tile will be laid through the kitchen and the adjoining dining room:

Here's what my kitchen will pretty much look like:

I plan to a get grey-toned quartz counter. My favourite is Caesarstone "Alpine Mist" (see below). I will be matching the white cabinets to the white veining in the Alpine Mist.

I gathered a whole bunch of tile samples and really like all of them! I have no idea how to choose the best one. Do I choose one that will contrast the stain on the cabinets or choose one that blends in with it? Also, I love the texture on some of the tiles and love the wood grain more on some than others. This isn't an easy decision.

Here are all my samples, shown with my stained oak sample (the lighting and my camera made the tiles look slightly washed out and more grey than they actually are):

How the heck do I choose??

Comments (20)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals